chapter 39 - the ring

Kalin's p.o.v.

His hand holds a black box lined with silver. He opens it and I see the most beautiful ring. It is a simple silver band and has blue and green paw prints. On the inside, Forever, was engraved.
"I didn't know what to get you but I had to get something. I was going for something more feminine, but once I saw it I knew that it was meant for you. I remember you telling me green is your favorite color," Christian says.
"I love it," I whisper.
"Really?"
"Yes."
We both look at each other silently.
"Can I put it on?" I ask.
"How about when we finish with this whole part?"
I nod and smile at him in a seductive way.
---------1 hour later--------
Someone is shaking me.
"What?" I moan.
"Time to wake up," Christian coos at me.
"But I don't wanna."
"We have to."
"No."
I put on my pout face.
"If you don't get up then I'll tickle you."
"I'll just use my mind power to make you stop."
"Fine, I'll take a shower by myself."
I pop up.
"You wouldn't."
"I would."
He walks to the bathroom, covering himself with the bedspread to not expose himself. The memories of between showing me the ring to me falling asleep flood my mind.
"Why are you blushing?" Christian asks.
"I'm not."
"Liar."
I pout.
"Okay, well I'm getting in the shower. Would you like to join?" he questions with a smirk.
I tap my jaw as if to look like I'm thinking. He prowls over to me and picks me up bridal style. I shriek as he swirls me around. All movement stops when there is a knock on the door.
It's a present from your parents.
The girl, I think Destiny, says.
Thanks.
Christian and I reply at the same time.
Whatever.
Christian puts me down and I wrap the giant baby blue comforter around me. He opens the door and see two giant white boxes.
"What's inside Christian?" I ask.
"Why is everyone calling me Christian and not Chris?"
"Because when your Alpha, you're called by your full name."
"Oh."
"Yea, so what's in the boxes?"
I go to pick them up but Christian beats me to it. I stick my tongue out at him.
"You have a lovely tongue."
He smirks and I pout.
"Let's just open the boxes, I wanna get in the shower."
"Agreed," he affirms.
He hands me One that has my name written in cursive largely on the middle of it and he keeps one. It must have his name on it.
"Do you think they'll blow up of we open them?" Christian asks.
I laugh.
"They're from your parents."
"Oh yea."
I roll my eyes. I open the box and gasp. I side is a dark green hundreds and green and white high top conversed. I saw them in the mall while shopping with Taysa. I told Taysa that they both looked both amazing but I didn't have enough money on me to but them and my dress. She offered to but them but I told her no. She is one sneaky person.
"What did you get?" Christian asks.
"A sneaky mother-in-law."
"Yes, but what is in your box?"
"A dress and shoes. What about you?"
"Slacks and a dark green shirt," he mumbles.
"Is that bad?"
"No, my dad has never liked green, so why get it now?"
I turn around to face him and hold up my dress.
"To match me."
"Makes sense."
He looks at me with hungry eyes. He stalks closer as if I'm his prey. My body shivers at the thought of him touching every book and cranny on my body. He places his lips on mine. He grabs my waist and starts to walk backwards. Forgetting that I am wearing this giant blanket, we trip. We land with an oomph. I look into his ocean blue eyes and put my hands in his messy brown hair. He runs my cheek with his thumb. He puts his forehead on mine. We stare at each other.
"W-we should t-take a s-shower," I stutter.
"Yea," he purrs.
"You have to get off of me."
"Yea."
"Are you a blubbering idiot?"
"Yea."
I giggle.
"Wait, what," he says finally coming out of his trance.
"Nothing."
I bite my lip.
"We need to shower. Dad just told me that it's already three twenty."
I nod my head.