chapter 37 - breakfast

Kalin's p.o.v.

I wake up with a jolt. My dream is still clear as day. Celene was warning me. She kept saying," be careful, she's coming." I would scream at her to go away, but more Celene clones would show up and chant the same thing. I look to my right at see no Chris, but a note instead.

Don't be too late
Waking up. I would
Have women you up
But thought best of
It...can't wait to
See you in your dress
Later. Love you.
- Christian S.

I laugh at the memory of yesterday when Taysa made us tell the other that we love them. She said that if we said it now then it wouldn't be awkward later. I hate to say it but sue is right. He said it so quickly while it took at least five minutes to force it out of me. Wait? Dress? That's not until....today. I look at the alarm clock and see 10:00 glow green. Crap! I over slept! I laugh at his letter. I did the opposite of it. I jump out of bed to rush down the stairs and into the kitchen. Jasmyn and Taysa are talking, completely unaware that I have joined their numbers.
"I bet she is in the shower now," Taysa says.
"I bet she is still asleep. She is a lazy bum," Jasmyn counters.
"I bet this lazy bum is listening," I say.
They both scream and I laugh.
"Don't do that!" they shriek at me.
I just shrug. Jasmyn glares at me while Taysa places a small plate with two pieces of dry toast in front of me.
"Where's the rest?" I question.
Taysa shrugs and Jasmyn busts out laughing. This is my punishment for shrugging I bet.
"Oh who am I kidding. You'll want to do this starting tomorrow. Here," says Taysa.
She hands me a bowl of lucky charms. My favorite.
"I don't want to do this. You're way too amazing at it."
"But being the Luna, you will."
"No buts. You're the mother of this pack forever."
"Which is what a Luna is like."
"I look at it more like protector and stingy sister."
So did I at first. I hear her think.
I from at how much I've got control over most of my powers. I can feel new ones when they come in. Over the last two days I've gained water bending and sometimes weather control. Add my telekinesis, mind power, teleportation, and mood ring eyes and you get a total of six powers. I see a hand waving in front of me.
"Hello?" Jasmyn says slowly.
I give her a questioning look.
"Of course you didn't hear. You keep blacking out. Not literally but like your not here anymore. I think I'm going to call it worlding out. Anyways, this is starting to become frustrating. How am I supposed to tell you something if you don't listen? I can't. Jesus Christ Kalin. Pay attention."
I laugh. She knits her eye brows together and growls.
"Sorry?" I peep out.
"You better be. Like I said before I had to go on a rant on not listening that you probably didn't even listen to, I said that it is time to get ready. You only have about two and a half hours until the bonding ceremony because it's already 10:30. You take too long to eat golly."
"Okay. Okay. Just stop talking for a second, you're going to kill me in words."
We both laugh. Did I really 'world' out for an entire twenty minutes? I wonder if it has anything to deal with a new power coming in. Probably. It must be for my wolf, Cheyenne, because I feel her stirring. She needs to be let out. Brandon says that she needs to be completely energized tonight and letting her out now gives the risk that she won't be.
"Kalin!" Jasmyn yells.
"Sorry."
"Dang it. You worlded out again!"
She growls and drags me upstairs.