chapter 23 - Taysa Sebastian

A/N: this is as close to what what Taysa looks like as I can get.
----------------------------- Ashley's p.o.v.

We run home. It's still weird to think it as home, but that's what it is. I don't go full out running this time because I know that Chris could never keep up. Dad always made me do extreme running and fighting drills just in case something happened. It just happened that I left when that something happened.
------20 minutes later------
There is a woman that looks to be about thirty outside. Her eyes sparkle at the sight of Chris and me. She runs at me. I put myself in a defensive position and growl.
"Oh my Chris, her eyes turned red! You did not tell me about how her eyes change color! I'm Taysa by the wat. You don't have to look like you're going to kill me, I was just going to give you a hug!" the woman says in a high pitched scream.
Chris shifts and I follow suit.
"I'm sorry Mrs. Sebastian, I-"
"Please call me Taysa and my husband Brandon. You are family."
"Ok, um, Taysa got it. I just didn't know who you were and you don't smell like Brandon at all."
"I just hate that stupid myth. We don't smell alike because we aren't true mate's. Only true mates smell alike."
"I thought that was after marking."
"Oh no honey. If you didn't smell alike then it wouldn't be intoxicating to your other half."
Honey? Since when am I honey?
She sure is gorgeous. I wish she wasn't so stand-offish though so I could ask her about how she gets her tan.
"I'm not usually stand-offish, it's just everything that has been going on. And I get my tan by running in the afternoon. It also helps me sweat more, so I have a reason for a 45 minute shower," I say.
Did she just read my mind?
"Yea. I can't control it yet though."
Her eyes grow huge.
"Wow. Nobody has had that power in so long, at least a century!"
"My dad had it."
She looks saddened at the mention of his name.
"There is so much you do not know yet, which reminds me. Brandon would like to speak to both of you. And Ashley, he has not had a Luna without an Alpha present so he might treat you as you aren't one yet."
Chris gives her a hug, then goes inside. I completely forgot he was even here. This time she goes straight into hugging me without warning.
"I hope we become something along the line of great friends!"
I laugh. She and Jaz are the exact same.
"Me too," I say.
She lets me out of the hug.
"Oh my gosh! I forgot about lunch!"
"What time is it?"
"About 11 but I have it done by 11:45."
"Well I'm going to go and you can start."
"Oh yes, Brandon wants you."
I give her a smile and do a slow jog inside and go to a door that is heavily scented with Chris.
How is this even possible, she is supposed to be dead.
I hear Brandon think.
She is going to go crazy. When will she be back to normal after this? I'm betting never. I know that I never could.
This time its Chris' thoughts. I barge through the door.
"I don't care if it's the impossible or not. I can handle it so spit it out. Now," I say in my alpha voice.