chapter 44 - decisions

Christian's p.o.v.

Kalin walks to the large panty that is a few steps to the left of where we stood.

"What are you doing?" I whine.

"Making breakfast, what else would I be doing?" she grumbles.

I smile at the fact that she is also mad that I'm not holding her anymore.

"Awesome. What's for breakfast?" Dillion asks.

I growl at him.

"What?! What did I do?!" he asks.

"We were having a happy moment and then you messed it up," I have half, half grumble at him.

Kalin laughs at us. I look at her to see her pulling a pancake mix out of the pantry.

"Pancakes? Really?" I question half amused.

"Hey I'm doing this on a short notice, and they won't just be regular pancakes," she bluntly says.

She shuffles towards the fridge and pulls out sausage, bacon, eggs, and some blueberries.

"I'm going to make blueberry banana vanilla pancakes with eggs, bacon, and sausage."

She smiles brightly.

"Why can't we have regular pancakes than some weird stuff like whatever you just said?" Dillion complains.

"Because this is very healthy and by the looks of it, you need it especially starting now," Kalin growls out.

Her smile is completely gone now, replaced with red eyes. She goes to the cabinet next to the pantry and grabs a mixing bowl and starts to concoct a mixture of something that looks like pancake mix.

"I bet it will taste amazing, and if they don't want to eat it then it just means more for me," I tell Kalin.

I grab her by her waist and give her a kiss on her neck her I marked her. She giggles and I start to nibble softly on her.

"Gross! How am I supposed to do anything with you two doing that," Andre screams playfully.

I laugh at his remark. I turn and face him just to stick my tongue out.

"Only Luna wants your tongue so I gladly turn down your offer," Andre says.

He and Dillion bust out laughing as they watch my jaw hits the floor. I can't believe what he just said.

"Is it really for that reason or is it because you can play with Destiny's tongue instead," I hear Kalin mumble.

"Andre and Destiny? Are they mates Kalin?" I ask.

It's my turn to see Andre's jaw drop.

"Apparently so, they've known since yesterday or the day before, whichever one is her birthday."

"How do you? What is going? When do you?" Andre fumbles.

Dillion, Kalin, and I laugh at him.

"What's going on?" Destiny and Katherine ask at the same time as they enter the kitchen.

"Nothing much, making pancakes while talking about how you and Andre share each other's tongue," Dillion says.

"You told them!" Destiny screeches.

"N-no they, err Kalin, just blurted it out!" Andre stutters.

I feel Kalin move behind me to pop up beside me.

"He said something to my mate as a joke, so I peeped into his mind to see him thinking about you," Kalin chirps out.

Destiny just rolls her eyes and hugs Andre.

"At least now we don't have to tell them," she mumbles.

Kalin carries the bowl of pancakes mix to the oven and grabs two frying pans while she is at it. I give her a questioning look and she just rolls her eyes. She puts them on the oven diagonal to each other and ignites the oven on both spots.

"You really don't know anything about cooking do you?" she asks me.

"Last time I was in a kitchen, nothing survived," I reply.

Everyone starts to laugh.

"Why doesn't that surprise me?"

"I can be good at some things but not everything."

I can see the slight blush creeping up her cheeks and eyes.

"What's going on?" Caroline asks.

I huff. She puts on a scared look on her face.

"Making pancakes and just chit chatting a little" I answer.

She nods her head slightly. Drake grabs her hand and leads her to the large dining table that is connected the kitchen and living room area. Anyone could see her visibly relax just by his touch. Is that how it is for Kalin and I, or even everyone else? I look back at Kalin and see her ladle out the mix and put it into one of the frying pan as bacon and sausage cooks in the other pan. Smoke runs away from the pans, carrying an amazing smell from it. The smell crawls everywhere, including my nostrils. I sigh at how good it smells. I close my eyes. My mother standing exactly where Kalin is with a six year old me trying to watch her flip the plump and golden pancakes over. She asks me if I would like to try. I nod my head as anxiety fills my head. What if I don't flip it right? What if it breaks half way through the flip? Will every one laugh at me for not being able to flip it correctly? Will Dad see it as a sign of weakness? If he does, will he no longer hand me the alpha title? Mom finally hands me the turner. I try flipping it but it ends up looking like a pancake taco instead. Mom laughs at it and I start to cry. She shushes me and tells me that it will still taste yummy and pancake tacos look better than plain pancakes anyway. She ended up making the rest like the one I did. Everyone laughed at how the pancakes looked like tacos. Mom told everyone that it was my idea. They all high-fived me for it. I open my eyes. Everyone is looking at me.

"You okay babe?" Kalin asks slowly.

"Yea, just thinking about pancake tacos."

She gives me a questioning look and I shake my head no. she puts on a pouting face.

I'll tell you later. I tell her through our mind-link.

She nods her head and turns back to face the stove. Every one falls into a comfortable silence. After a few minutes Kalin turns around with a plate full of pancakes in one hand and a plate with bacon and sausage on a plate in the other.

"The eggs are in the pan on the stove." She says.

She rushes out of the way just in time to not be run over. Everyone zooms on her pancakes. As soon as they bite in, they shout out in joy. I lock eyes with her.

Wanna go to my office? I ask her.

She nods her head.