chapter 29 - sounds

Ashley's p.o.v.

As soon as the water touches my skin, the voices quiet down. All of the voices surrounded around Chris and me. When were we going to be given the positions of rightful Alpha and Luna, have we mated yet, when will we, have we accepted each other, is one of us going to reject the other, and so many more.
-------30 minutes later------
I get out of the shower and wrap a big white plush towel around me. I look into the new mirror. My hair would have a better chance being shaved than being brushed. My eyes had huge bags under them, my frame looks as if I had lost ten pounds at the least, but out of all of this my eyes look new. I sigh loudly. The voices are coming back. I try to picture a giant brick wall. The voices get louder and crumble the little wall that I do create. I scream, shut my eyes, and cover my ears. They're so loud. Too loud. I feel someone wrap their hands around me. Everything is silent. I uncover my ears and open my eyes. I see Chris move his lips, but I hear no words. I try to speak but I have no voice.
Are you okay Ash?!
The voices. They were so loud.
He looks as if he is yelling, but what is he saying?
What's wrong?
I can't hear.
What do you mean?
I saw your lips move but I didn't hear anything. I can't speak either.
Maybe you just need sleep. I told everyone to get out of the house so you don't hear them.
What's happening to me?
I don't know.
In scared. What if my hearing doesn't come back?
Have faith.
I nod my head. He picks me up gently. He sets me in the bed.
You're burning up.
I need to go outside. My wolf needs out, I feel her clawing everything in my body.
Outside. I need to go outside.
Why? You need sleep.
My wolf, she needs out. Now!
He picks me up again and carried me down the stairs and out the front door as fast as he can. As soon as he sets me down, my bones crack and snap. They shift into the position of a wolf's. My ears have sounds of the forest hit me. Something is different, but a good kind of different. I look at Chris to see his jaw dropped.