chapter 20 - in the eyes

Chris' p.o.v.

I follow her up the stairs.
What do you think about what she said? I ask my wolf.
I don't know but there must be a reason so hear her out.
Okay.
We eventually make it to the room we are staying in. It actually belongs to Caroline but she has been staying with Drake in his room. She sits on the bed while I peek into the bathroom. Glass covers the counter in a million pieces in a million pieces. What did she do?
"What happened to the mirror?" I ask her.
"I broke it."
"How?"
"I punched it, you just didn't hear it fall since I used my telekinesis to keep quiet."
"Oh."
I wonder if I should get her a punching bag, I know my mom is sweet and all but she hates when things get broken especially for no reason or out of anger. I go back to the actual bedroom part.
"What was that all about down in the living room?"
"Don't worry about it," she snaps.
I sit down next to her and she scoots farther away from me. My wolf half growls, half whimpers.
How come she doesn't want to be next to us?
She doesn't trust us yet. Give her time.
I don't want to give time! I want my mate now!
I felt my body changing I knew what was happening. My bones snap and crack into place of a wolf's form instead of a human. Ashley looks at my giant black wolf.
"I love that color on you. It suits your alpha attitude."
I snort at her. There is no matching me to my wolf. Although we might act the same in some cases, we are complete opposites. I like summer and baseball. He likes winter and track. He hates swimming but I love it. Does she like my wolf more than me? Or was it just that her wolf was made for mine? I jump on the bed and she laughs at the shaking bed. I whimper slightly to get her attention solely on me. She sticks her tongue out at me. I yup at her and crawl on my stomach towards her. She laughs at how silly I must look. When I reach her, Ashley wraps her arms around my neck and put her head in the crook of my neck, above her arms. I don't want this to end but I have to know why she screamed at my dad.
Why were you yelling at my dad?
I don't want this to end yet.
Why doesn't she speak out loud? I finally use my other senses and feel people watching us, listening for your unspoken words.
Let's go on a run so we can be alone.
Okay.
She changes into her white wolf and looks at me with bright green eyes. She amazes me again and again with her wolf. I look closer into her eyes, they had little flecks of blue in them. Do I have green flecks in mine? Her blue flecks aren't the same blue as mine though. Mine are baby blue and her are a deep blue. Mom and Dad's are the same, but they aren't true mate's. I will have to ask one of then later. I focus back into the real world and see that Ashley's green and blue eye are green and red. How did that happen?
Let's go unless you changed your mind.
She sounds mad.
You didn't tell me that your eyes change color.
That's a stupid thing to say. They don't.
They were blue and green, then red and green, now they are blue and green again.
I don't understand.
They are mood colors. Red is mad, blue is contempt, and yellow is confusion.
What's happening to me.
The colors match your mood.
That's so stupid.
Red and green.
Are you mad that I said that?
Yes. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Maybe not. Your eyes have red in them again.
That's impossible. I don't have eyes that are mood rings!
Maybe it's your one special alpha power. My dad got teleportation. Every alpha gets one and pumas usually get two.
I didn't know that. My mother never had any. Why didn't Dad tell me this?
I don't know. Can we go on that run now? My wolf is getting antsy.
I keep sitting, then standing and looking everywhere. Of i were in human form then people would think that I was doing the pee dance. She gives out a laugh that sounds funny in wolf form.
Yea. I know a great place.
I follow her as we leave the house. We play tag with each other with her running and me trying to keep up.