chapter 36 - the ring

Chris' p.o.v.

The two hour long drive here seemed to take longer. Kalin, Mom, Jasmyn, Caroline, and Katherine went in one SUV while Dad, Theo, Drake, Andre, Dillion, and I went in the other one. Yesterday Dad and Mom told everyone else about everything. Drake and Caroline also admitted to bonding their souls together a week ago, on her birthday. Now we're all split up in a mall. Mom doesn't want me to see the dress that Kalin will pick. Dad has me trying on tux after tux. I have to get away to buy Kalin her special gift.
"Dad," I whine.
"What?" he barks.
"Please let me have a break."
"Why?"
"I need to per and get something to eat."
"Fine. Take Andre or Dillion with you."
"What about both?"
"Fine. You have thirty minutes.
-------5 minutes later-------
The three of us are sitting in a booth in the food court. It wasn't hard find even though we have never been here before. The smell of food is almost as intoxicating as Kalin. There is a KFC, Long John Silvers, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Chick-Fil-A, Subway, Burger King, and Dominoes. Dillion gets Burger King, Andre gets KFC, and I get Subway. It tastes amazing. I easily finish my sandwich in three minutes.
"Can you two cover me for about ten minutes or so?" I ask them.
"Why?" asks Dillion.
"I really need to do something," I answer.
"What?" ponders Andre.
"Don't worry about it. Just cover me please," I plead.
"How about a deal?" Zillion says.
"What?" I inquire.
They look at each other. I internally laugh. This deal is going to be about food. That's the only thing they can both agree on.
"Let us have mini fridges in our rooms," they say at the same time.
"Only the Alpha can allow it," I say bluntly.
"Which you will be soon," Andre says.
Oh yea.
"How about I think about it?" I question.
They look at each other, obviously mind linking.
"Alright," they affirm at the same time.
That's getting kinda creepy. I knew they would say that though, it's farther than they ever got with Dad. I check my watch. Great. I only have twenty minutes to get it, the perfect ring.