chapter 60 - mind link

Christian's p.o.v.

I wake up as the weight beside me shifts. I open my eyes to see Kalin get up and go to the bathroom. She looks more energized with her new pep in her step. A small wail comes from outside of the door. Instead of using the bathroom, she speeds across the room and next door. I get up slowly and slightly dizzy. I follow her foot steps into our room. As I enter, she gives a small shy smile at me.

I couldn't help it, she states through the mind link.

It's okay baby, how did you sleep?

Good, you?

Pretty nicely actually.

That's nice. Do you wanna grab Moon?

Instead of answering her, I go to Moon as she picks up Alec. Brody is still asleep. In two seconds, Carolina enters the room with three bottles, Cailleach walks in with a new package of diapers, and Jasmyn has a change of cloths for each baby. I smile at them. They are trying their hardest, yet Kalin still gets ahead of them. I bet she dreamed of taking care of them.

"It's about time you guys woke up," Jaz says.

"How long were we asleep?" Kalin asks, showing fear in her eyes.

"Six hours."

"That's not that bad," I reply.

Jasmyn rolls her eyes, "Sarcasm dude."

I stick my tongue out. I look down a my baby girl. She gives a gurgled laugh at the attention given to her. I start to tickle her teeny tiny tummy, she grabss my finger and starts to suck on it. I give a small chuckle. She is so adorable, just like her mother. Awes fill the room. I look up as I am intrigued on what is worthy enough to be awed about. Every female in the room is looking at Moon and me.

"What?" I ask.

"You two are so adorable," Kalin coos.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer."

"I already did, well actually Carolina did."

I nod my head and look back down at Moon. She has fallen asleep. As I start to put her in her cradle Brody starts to cry. I am quick to pick him up since Kalin is still holding Alec.

"After we are done here, we are getting something to eat Missy," I tell Kalin.

"Okay," she says.

I give her a confused look. I didn't expect her to listen so easily.

"What? I need food and I can't be holding one of them and pass out because I wasn't responsible."

I try to hide my surprise, but Kalin's eye roll tell me that I failed at what my plan.

"You shouldn't look so surprised, Alpha; she is going to eat for the wellness of her babies, not herself," Jaz says.

"That's not true, I'm  a little hungry. Nothing a quick meal can't fixed," Kalin replies.

I chuckle.

What?

Everyone here can tell that you're lying. You're eyes turn grey when you lie.

No they don't.

Yes they do.

"No they don't, will you stop saying that," she says quickly out loud.

"What are they, and what do they not do?" Carolina asks.

"Nothing," Kalin retorts.

"Luna, we can tell that you're wrong. Your eyes turn grey when you lie," Cailleach states.

"Well poop," my mate replies.

"What?" I laugh out.

"Poop."

"Do I want to know?"

"Yes, I don't want any cussing around our children from either us or the older adults. They don't need to grow up knowing that language."

I nod my head, "I agree."

"Well this is nice, what are we doing today?" Jaz asks.

"You are spending sometime with your mate. I know that this is pretty much what you will do when our little bundle comes along, so I want to spend as much time with you now as much as possible so I won't feel bad when they get all of the attention," Theo says as he pops into the room.

"On another note, I want my room back so we will probably to moving the babies to their rooms," Kalin states.

Everyone, including me, turns to look at her.

"What?"

"Are you sure that you're ready for this kind of big step. We don't have to do anything before you are ready," I reply.

"Yes I am, it's time for them and I get away from each other even if it is just to sleep. Besides, you and I have Alpha and Luna work that we need to get back to. If they start crying, then I can just teleport to them. They mostly sleep as well so it's not like we will be missing all that much."

"Okay then, they shall be moved."

I forgot about your powers. Maybe you need some alone time to play with them again.

Maybe you should take your own advice and let your wolf go for a run.

Maybe we can go together.

One of us should stay with them, just in case Lisa shows up.

You can't keep yourself locked up, we still have about two weeks before she shows up; and I won't let her take you away from me.

You're right.

I am? About what?

We should both go on that run.

What is with you today? You are just agreeing with everything I say.

Maybe because you are right. Cheyenne has to practice with the magic anyways so why not kill two birds with one stone?

Bird sounds good right now.

Are you hungry?

Extremely, aren't you?

Not really.

"Hello?! Two lovebirds to Earth! Anyone there?!" someone shouts.

My head snaps to the figure of Jasmyn looking mad.

"What's up?" Kalin asks with ease.

"You two both zoned out for like two minutes. I mean nether of you blinked or even twitched when he yelled at you the first time. We even threw diapers at both of you and you didn't move a muscle. It was actually kinda creepy,"she replies.

"Sorry," I mumble out.

"What happened to you two?"

"We were talking to each other through are link."

""That was strange," Cailleach whispers out in a gasp.

"How so?"

"I have never seen a mind link like that, it makes me think that you two could maybe mind link through...no that would be impossible; but of course I can do it with Celene so maybe not as impossible."

"Do what?"

"I'm probably wrong, but maybe you can talk through realms."

I look at Kalin. That would mean that if she was taken away, we could still talk which means that I might not lose her in person as well.