chapter 58 - half way there

Christian's p.o.v.

------------------------------------------------------one month later-----------------------------------------------------

We are finally half way through this pregnancy. Even though Kalin rarely has morning sickness, she is really aching a lot all over and she doesn't want to eat all that much. The only time she she full out eats is when there is her cravings. She sometimes makes me try them like pickles dipped in chocolate pudding or fried lettuce. The pickle and pudding one is okay but the luttuce is just disgusting. I told her that I can deal with almost anything, even cantaloupe in jalepeno sauce but never again fried lettuce.

"Christian," Kalin whines.

I snap back into reality.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask.

There is snickers around the dinner table. I growl at them, and they suddenly  stop.

"I said that we have to see James in the morning to check up on the trio, and be nice; it is not their fault you weren't listening."

I huff. Along with her massive mood swings, her mommy instincts have really kicked in, which somehow over power my Alpha power. Suddenly I am prayed by water. I glare at Kalin. She is definitely enjoying her new water power. It developed about two weeks ago. 

"Don't give me that huff or look mister, you deserved that."

"No I didn't, and I have an alarm set for in the morning."

"We can discuss this later. I would like to finish dinner some time tonight. I wanna lay down but you just want to be in lala land."

"Sorry baby, I was just thinking about the future with you."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not, scout's honor."

"You weren't a scout, stupid."

"Okay then, Alpha's honor."

"Whatever,  are you done yet?"

I smirk at the thought that I have won this round.

"I'll never be done with you."

"I was talking about dinner."

 "Oh yea, yes I am done."

She stands up.

"DInner is dismissed," she says in her Luna voice.

Kalin now wobbles off. She has definitely goten bigger in the stomch area. It looks like  she stuck a watermelon up her shirt. Speaking of shirts, we need to get her some maternity clothing very soon. I get up.

"Can you guys clean up, I'll treat you guys to ice cream tomorrow."

A bunch of heads bob up and down. All of the sudden I hear a scream, Kalin's scream. My feet move as fast as they can go into the living room. She is holding her abdomen with her eyes shut with large amounts of force.

"What's wrong?! Please tell me what's wrong!"

"I-I don't kn-."

She lets out another scream. I catch her before she falls. Another yell is ripped from her vocal cords. It feels as if my ers are bleeding, but I dont care. My mate is in pain and I don't know how to help her.  She gasps for air. 

"Some something moved a-and it shocked me, like it was made of e-electricity."

"Can they be developing powers?" I ask in a worried tone.