chapter 4-heartbreak

Chris's p.o.v

I watch her as she runs away. My wolf wants to tear me apart. I'm an idiot. I met her while she was a wolf. I'm so stupid! I was hurt by her and I wanted to do the same to her but my wolf warned me. I ran after when I heard her (through our new found mind link) say do I want him? Of course just not now. It felt like she pulled my heart out of my chest. I stand in the same spot until my delta and other best friend, Andre, found me. He has a big bruise on his face. He would have to turn for it to heal faster.
"Chris are you okay?"
Tears start falling my face slowly. My legs feel so weak so I sit on the damp forest ground.
"I'm an idiot," I finally say.
"Um, okay."
He sits down next to me.
"What happened to your face?"
"Well, I tried to stop the Stargazers so you could talk to Ashley. She punched me in the face after telling me she had no business here."
"Stop them? What do you mean?"
"They were leaving."
"Who is they?"
"Her, her beta and delta."
"Okay thanks."
"Why are you crying bro?"
"I met my mate."
He pats me on the back," that's great!"
"Not really."
"Why?"
"I told her that she must hate her wolf to want to leave her pack basically."
"You're an idiot? Who is she?"
"Ashley."
"Oh that's why she punched me."
We both laugh.
"Probably."
One of our pack members, Caroline, mind linked Andre and I. Um, you guys might want to come and get Dillion. We look at each. We stand up and start walking to the party.
"What do you think he did this time?" I ask.
"I say he got drunk andbis now stripping."
We laugh.
"I think he is way past drunk and is about to lip lock with some girl."
He has done it at almost every party. I can't wait until he meets his mate.
"What color is her hair this time?"
"Blonde or brown."
"Uh oh. I would say your red head."
He points to Dillion and Ashley making out in front of everyone.