chapter 45 - question it all

Kalin's p.o.v.

I follow him into a messy office. The smell of Brandon is still strong.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just thought that you would love to get out of there even if just for a second," he replies.

"Oh okay. So what do you want to talk about first? I'm pretty sure the quicker we start on the list, the quicker we can go to bed just to start over tomorrow."

"Who is going to be the beta and delta?"

"Who do you want?"

"Well I was thinking that Jasmyn would make the best delta even though she was going to be your beta and Andre will be a good beta seeing how he is always the next person to show up to something after me."

"I like it."

"Really?"

"Yea. I don't think Jaz would mind not being beta and Andre does seem to be very responsible."

He leans forward and kisses my on the forehead. I feel the blush creeping up on my face. He chuckles and then sighs.

"What's wrong?" ii ask.

"I really don't want to do anything but everything has to be done. Why can't I just climb right back into bed forever?"

"Because you're Alpha now and that means getting out of bed even if you're the only one. You have to make the hard choices and put them into action."

I grab his face softly.

"It will all be okay in the end, I promise."

He grabs my hands and kisses them gently.

"I know, but I just wish that it was back to normal now. We haven't been full mates even a day yet and there is so much to do."

"Let's make a list, it should help a little."

I grab a piece of paper and write:

· Make and eat breakfast

· Decide who is beta and delta

· Talk to b and d about training wolves

· Start blue print on mini town just for werewolves

· Enjoy the rest of the day with mate

I look at him to see a big smile on his face.

"Let's start on the last one first," he whispers.

He grabs my waist and puts his head in the crook in my neck. I giggle at his persistence to not do anything.

"We can't not do nothing, Lisa will be back in six months," I whisper.

All movement stops.

"What did you say?"

Uh oh. I forgot that I never told him yesterday.

"Oops."

"Yeah, oops. Why didn't you tell me? This is important stuff!"

I flinch at his words.

"I-I'm sorry. I forgot about it all when she told me about your parents. I was more worried about you than anything else," I barely whisper.

"Don't worry about me! You should be worrying about more important stuff like how your sister is going to be here in six months!"

I rush past him and into our room as fast as I can. The whole way I hear him yelling my name. I never thought that he of all people would treat me like this. Sure, I've never had a hard life but no one likes to be yelled at like that from their one true love or anybody else for that matter. As soon as I land on the bed, I let the tears stream out like there was no tomorrow. All of the sudden, I'm hit with the need to puke. I rush it into the bathroom just in time to start praying to the porcelain goddess.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

I look up to see Christian. He has the look of worry twisted on his face. He kneels beside me.

"I'm so sorry I yelled at you. Are you okay?"

He tries to grab my face but I push his face away. His face goes from worry to hurt.

"I'm fine," I snap.

I turn myself right back to the toilet to barf up more. He walks right out of the bathroom and soon reappears with James. James puts his smooth, cold hand onto my forehead. I purr at the feeling and only snap back when I hear Christian growl.

"She has a major temperature," James states bluntly.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"Well there's two options, the first being that your body is going into heat or the less likely one is that you're pregnant. You most likely are going into heat, but you being an alpha and being from another world, you could also be pregnant. The only way to find out is if you take a test."

And just like that, my entire life could be upside down. I look at Christian and see his face in a twist of emotion. I decide to peep into his mind.

Can we even raise a child?

I feel my anger seep in.