chapter 27 - food

Ashley's p.o.v.

As we make it to the kitchen, the intimacy of holding hands is so intense. The smell of pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, toast, waffles, and cereal hits my nose. I feel the drool rolling down my mouth. I hear Chris chuckle. He lets go of my hand. The emptiness is stressing. Why am I being clingy? I know he let it go so I can eat, but I don't know of I should take his hand back. My stomach growls louder this time. I guess hand holding will have to wait. Taysa puts a plate filled with food in front of me. I dive myself into the plate.
"Careful Ash, you're going to end up choking. Wait, Ashley you're back!" someone says as they tackle me.
Its Jasmyn.
I try to tell her how much I missed her but there is too much food in my mouth.
Please tell I missed her so much Chris.
"She says she missed you so much."
"Are you okay? Did you lose your voice?"
I shake my head and point to my mouth.
"Oh, too much food. Why didn't you tell me through our mind link?"
I finally swallow the food.
"Something is happening to my body, so Chris being my mate is the only one I can mind link to," I say.
Why? What's happening to you?
I look at Chris.
All in good time.
"There's the missing lass," Theo says as he walks in.
"Hey," I jump up and hug him.
"Where have you been?" he asks.
"I went running."
"For a week?"
"I guess."
"That definitely sounds like you."
We both laugh.
"Can I say something?" Theo asks.
"Sure," I say.
"You seriously need a shower."
"Haha."
"Did you're eyes just turn a little but of red?"
"That's impossible, her eyes have always been green," Jasmyn says.
"But they were blue and red, and now orange," Theo says.
Jasmyn rushes in front of me.
"Sugar honey iced tea! They are! Your eyes change color!"
I nod my head.
"What's happening to you?" Theo asks.
"I'll say everything, but-"
"She is waiting for me to start," Brandon cuts me off.
"Yup," I pop the p at the end.
"I know what was in that letter, and now that you are back I can apologize for how I treated you lately. You are a Luna, not a child," Brandon says.
I let my jaw fall open.
"Please close your mouth."
I do as he says.
"Your apology is not needed. I see how it is difficult to not try to control your Alpha instincts, especially someone who you promised to keep safe," I say.
"Joshua would be so proud of you."
"He will always be my father, not just my protector. He was there when my real parents were not."
"What are you talking about?" Jaz, Theo, and Taysa ask at the same time.
"Who are your real ones then?" Chris asks.
I look at Brandon and he nods. He wants me to tell.
"Well it turns out that I'm the daughter of the Moon Goddess and Sun God, and my older sister is trying to kill me."