chapter 55 - welcome back

Kalin's p.o.v.

I open my eyes to see Cailleach chanting the words aperi oculos tuos. What happened? The only thing I remember is ashes as I fell. I look around to see my old stuff surrounding me. How could it be here if it was in my old house, in my old room? I prop myself on my elbows. It's almost as if a lightbulb goes on on top of my head: my stuff wasn't moved, I'm in my old room.
"Where's Christian?" I croak out.
Cailleach's eyes open.
"How long have you been awake?"
"A minute or two."
"You couldn't say anything earlier?" she chuckles.
"Sorry."
"It's okay Luna. How are you feeling?"
"Fine. What happened?"
"I made you fall asleep because you were having a melt down "
"How long was I asleep for?"
"About twenty hours."
"What?! Why so long?!"
"Alpha's orders. He wanted stuff done before you woke up."
"Like what?"
"Buying enough food for the pack for a while, a room turned into an office, and making sure everyone settled in."
"But why? What's wrong with our house?"
"You don't remember?"
"No, remember what?"
"You must have hit your head or something. Lisa burnt down the house. She left a note but only you and Alpha know what it said."
I get out of the bed.
"Where is he?"
"Where is who?" a voice from the door asks.
I look at Christian in the eyes.
"Why here of all places?! My family died here! Do you have any common sense?!" I scream at him.
"Where else would we all fit?"
I thighten my jaw. He is right.
"It doesn't mean to just move in."
He walks up to me and wraps his hands around me.
"I don't want to over step these boundries but it is our only option, seeing how Lisa won't burn this one down. She would have last time when she had the chance."
I huff.
"You're right."
God I hate it when he is right.
"What do we do now?" I ask.
"Its around noon now, so you make something to eat then we go baby shopping."
I let my smile over take my face.
"That's the spirit."
He pulls me into a kiss. In pull away before our lips touch.
"What did that note say?"
"Can that wait until after shopping. I don't want it to ruin the day. Please?"
Even if I could just as easily pop into his mind to find out, I just nod my head. I don't want that extra stress right now. He tries for a kiss again and this time I let him.
-------30 minutes later-----
We pull up to the Baby shop that is connected to the mall. I am practically jumping up and down in my seat.
"Are you okay baby?" Christian asks.
"Yes she is, let's go!" Jaz squeals while getting out.
Even if she isn't having her own baby, she has planned for moments like these since she was twn, which was eight years ago. Who plans for kids when they are ten? I laugh off Jaz.
"Yes I'm great, just so excited."
I put on some sunglasses. It's kinda bright put, but they are mostly for inside so no one can see my eyes changing colors. They seem to predict my mood swings which is not normal in the regular world.
"Are you sure you want to wear them?"
"Yes Christian, I am. You just don't want me to because you'll be clueless on my feelings."
"Only somewhat."
We laugh for no reason. Once we stop I give him a kiss. I open my door and hop out. Before I can start counting, Christian is next to me and holding my hand. We head off toward the store with Jaz pretty much skipping.
As soon as we enter the store, the AC hits us full blast. I hear Christian slightly pure at the temperature drop. I giggle and he immediately stops.
"As man, I was enjoying you doing that," I giggle out.
"I am an Alpha, not a puppy to enjoy," he mumbles.
"Is that Christian Sebastian I see?!"some random girl squeals out.
I start to growl but Christian tells me to stop. I let go of his hand and grab a cart.
"When you're done, find me," I say.
I walk off with Jaz before he is bombarded by the teenage girl.
"Go away, I'm here with my love. I'm trying to baby shop with her," he States in his Alpha voice.
I turn around and face him. The girl who looks like she should be a rodeo clown puts her hands on his chest in a romantic way.
"Oh Chris, you know that you need me," she says.
I try to go up to her but Jaz holds me back.
"Don't do it Luna."
"Let go Jasmyn."
She does because I use my Luna voice.
"Get off Stacy. I don't need or want you. The mother of my children is the only one for me."
"That's not what you said before."
I tap her on the shoulder.
"Get away from him or I swear to God, not even life support could save you."
She pulls of my glasses and breaks them. If they weren't some cheap pair then I would be a tiny bit surprised.
"Go away. I'm not even remotely scared of some tiny freak like you."
"Excuse me?"
"You're a freak, who would want to be with you?"
Before I can touch a hair on her head, Christian steps between us."
"Kalin this isn't going to help you in any way. Do I need to put you on house arrest?"
"Who do you think you are to even think that?!" I scream at him.
I feel Cheyanne gaining control. If I give into my wolf then I'll definitely be a goner though.
"Stacy, leave me alone. I love Kalin and she is carrying my children and nothing will separate us."
"You didn't care when you got me pregnant."
Before I think about it, I try to push past Christian screaming like a wild animal. Fortunately for her, Christian holds me back.
"You know that we never slept together so don't even sat or think that!" he screams at her.
She runs off while crying. Once she is gone, Christian looks at me.
"God Kalin, you couldn't even last twenty seconds in public with me. You need to control yourself. Now you don't have glasses to cover your eyes. Stay calm. Do you really think she posed a threat to you?"
"No," I scoff at him.
"Then what were you thinking?"
"I wasn't, okay? I'm not used to this stupid mate bond in public."
"Just hold my hand and think about the babies."
I do as he says and it instantly calms me down. Hopefully we don't ru. Into anybody else like that again.
"Sprightly then. Now that that is over with, let's shop."
I nod my head in agreement.