chapter 26-blue eyes

Chris' p.o.v.

I kiss her with all my might. My wolf is clawing at me to let him out and mark her. I pull back. Now is not the time to mark her.
"Don't you ever leave me again," I half plead half order her.
"I won't."
I hug her this time, knowing that the more I kiss her the more the want to mark her will be.
"I tried to wake my parents, but they said it would wait until later," I say.
"What time is it?"
"About three in the morning."
She yawns.
"Let's go to bed love."
"Okay," she mumbles out.
I pick her up bridal style.
I remember the first time you picked me up like this, it was-
Hush now, just go to sleep.
I didn't even know I was this tried.
Even the strongest Alphas and Lunas have to sleep.
She laughs.
As soon as I set her in our bed, she starts to snore softly. I take off her socks and shoes. I see the now yellowed paper. I want to read it. She's my mate, and I should know everything about her. I shake my head. I need to trust her, I need her to trust me too. She'll tell me when she is ready. I crawl into the bed next to her.
-------6.5 hours later-------
I'm shaken awake. I open my eyes to see blue eyes. Blue? Ashley! How could I have forgot that she came home last night?!
"Did you read my letter?" Ashley asks.
"What letter?"
"Don't play stupid. The one that was in my pocket."
"Oh yea. No I didn't read it but I did put it on the table."
She hugs me.
"Thanks for not reading it."
"Well how are we supposed to trust each other if we don't give reasons first?"
"You've got a point."
KNOCK. KNOCK.
"Come in," we both say.
My mother rushes in.
"You're back!" she shrieks.
Before I know what is happening, Ashley is pulled out of my grasp and in my mother's.
"Was I really gone for a week?" Ashley asks.
"Yes. Chris would barely eat or sleep. The principal at your new school was disappointed that she didn't get to meet you. She is a werewolf in our pack, but she loves the city and rarely comes here."
"How are Jaz and Theo?"
"They've been better. But they knew you would be back."
"Is Dillion okay? I never apologized to him or Andre."
I growl quietly. How could she care more about them than me? I'm her mate. Ashley faces me.
"I don't but I did punch one of them in the face and almost made it to where the other one wouldn't have children."
"I forgot you could read minds," I grumble.
She gives me a smile.
"Anyways, they're both good and Brandon is going to be up and I'm going to finish making breakfast," my mother rushes out of the door. Ashley's stomach growls.
"When was the last time you ate?" I ask.
"More than a week ago," her eyes and cheeks both turn a light pink.
I get out of bed, take her by the hand, and lead her downstairs.