chapter 21 - questions

Ashley's p.o.v.

I hear him behind me, trying to catch up. I slow down as I come to the small pond from earlier. I can't believe I never knew this place existed. It is on my property, and I never knew about it. The vegetation is lush and green, like it knows summer is coming. I look at Chris and see the awe on his face. I am becoming happy. My eyes are changing to an orange I bet. I did a big project for art on colors and their mean I mg s. I'm glad I got picked for colors now. Chris tilts his head. I've been blocking him out since the start of the run. I'm still debating on whether or not to tell him. I know I should but what if he doesn't believe me, or worse, takes his dad's side. He starts whimpering. I know what he wants, the barrier to be out down. I need to be in power right now. If I concentrate really hard then I can feel my eyes changing. I feel them turning purple, the color of royalty and power. I open the door to let him in. All of the sudden he hits me with too many words to keep up with.
Shut up!
I say using as much force as I can. Almost immediately it's quiet.
Let's play a game.
Okay? He says.
You ask a question, then I ask a question, and no matter what you have to answer honestly.
Okay, you go first.
Alright then. Who was the girl who called to you in the forest at the party?
The girl I took to prom. Being the star of basically every sport, I was chosen to go to prom with the least known person at school. She's been following me around ever since.
I could feel my eyes turn to blue.
Fair enough. Your turn.
What are all of your powers?
Telekinesis, mind power, and now mood ring eyes.
Yeah about that, your eyes don't have any green in them anymore. Almost like you have color changing contacts.
I huff and lay done.
What's wrong?
It's my turn. Will I fit into your school, and will I have any enemies?
You'll love our school, and Katherine would have been the main person to watch out for, but since you'll be her Luna one day, you don't have to worry about enemies.
He walks over to me and lays down.
What's wrong?
I don't know how I will cover up my eyes during school.
Being an alpha, you're gonna want to push your power over everyone, so they most likely will stay purple for your only month.
So they will be purple the entire time, great.
I say sarcastically.
I think you look great with the purple.
I feel myself blushing.
And pink too.
Thanks.
Your turn.
Who's room are we staying in?
Caroline's. She is the youngest wolf.
Oh.
No need to get jealous. We are only in there because she's been with Drake lately.
I wasn't getting jealous.
Liar. They were going green.
He has right but I would never tell him that. Will it be this easy having him as a fully bonded mate? Do I still want to follow my dreams? Yes. But at what cost?