chapter 25-the letter

Ashley's p.o.v.

I run. I don't know where to, but I do. My entire life has been a lie is the only thought that courses through my mind.
-------some time later-------
I have no idea where I am but my legs are finally giving out. I slump against a tree and try to cry. I can't. I curse my 10 year old self for wanting more adventure. I want to crawl into a ball and sleep. I breath in and out. I need to read this letter. I pull it out of my pocket.
My sweet Ash,
Not to be cliché in death, but of you are reading this then I am dead. It also means that you are in the the care of Alpha Brandon, which means he has told you some things. I'll say what I've always told you, you are a special wolf. I remember one time you asked why. I said in good time you'll find out. Now is that time. You, my dear, are a direct descendant of the Moon Goddess and the Sun God. I volunteered to keep you safe on Earth because an evil force was trying to get you. This evil sister was your older sister. She is older by about 13 years. After you were sent down, she also disappeared. Most think she came to Earth also. One day Lisa showed up and pretended to be your mother. I started to suspect that she was your sister. I tried to kill her myself but she escaped the fire. My power being able to trick people into believing something else, so I made you think she died. Me being dead means that she will come for you next. You being the daughter of the two most gods means you will get more powers. They may come in quickly and uncontrollable at first, so keep up with your training. Keep you temper in check. Of you lose it completely, you will not control your actions, meaning you could hurt or kill someone you hold dearly to your heart. Even though I am not Your real and true father, I still love you very much.

-Joshua

I crumble up the letter. Still nothing makes sense. If I'm the daughter of the Moon Goddess and Sun God, then how did I get here? Why do I have Chris as my mate? What are my other powers? I laugh. This is probably just some elaborate joke. No, this has to be real. Somewhere there is a howl. I stand up and stretch my aching body. I put the letter in my pocket and transform into My wolf.
Ashley?! Where are you?! I felt like i lost connection with you, then all of the sudden you're back! What happened?! Are you okay?!
I'm fine Chris, I'm coming home.
Do you even know how long you have been gone?!
I look at the sky. It looks like it is close to dark.
I don't know, 4 hours maybe?
You've been gone a week! I've been going nuts trying to find you!
I'll be home soon. Don't worry.
So you're okay?
I start to run.
Yea. I ran for a long time, then I read that letter. I couldn't have been gone for an entire week.
You have. Nobody could connect to you.
I have an idea of why.
Why?
Just have your parents with you when I get home.
When will that be? I need you.
I close my eyes and picture the house in front of me. The two stories that are made out of cedar wood, the shiny Windows that are for every bedroom, the porch with a swing that could hold up to four people and the two person loveseat on the other side, the lush green grass.
BAM!
I open my eyes and see a large door. The pack house door to be more specific.
I'm here.
That was you?
Yea.
As soon as I'm done transforming, Chris rushes out of the door. I can't get out a single word before his lips cover mine completely, pouring ourselves into the other.