chapter 56 - renovation

Christian's p.o.v.

I hate that I blew up on Kalin like that. I hate those girls just as much as her, probably more. They pretend to know and love me, but they can't take a hint even if it punched them in a face. That girl almost found that out today. Anyways, we are currently on our way home with three different cribs, about thirty baby bottles, an entire cart full of toys and clothes, twelve pacifiers, six jars of baby formula, too many boxes of baby diapers, pink paint, blue paint, green paint, and a lot more. We even called Theo to bring an SUV so we could fit everything. She is only about two and a half months pregnant in himan terms, yet she has almost everything. It didn't help that Jasmyn was there. She pointed at every thing and awed at it. Plus the pretty much unlimited bank account made it hard for Kalin to say no. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but if my love is happy then I'm happy. There is nothing better than seeing her smile. We pull into the driveway with Theo and Has behind us. She decided to ride with her mate which I completely understand. I put the car car and turn it off.
"I'm sorry baby," I say.
"For what? Being right, yelling at me, pretending that you care enough about me to not keep secrets? I don't know what to do Christian! I have never gone through any of this and neither have you! Lisa is coming in six months no matter what!"
I open my mouth to speak but no words come out.
"I don't want to lose you," she whispers.
"You won't lose me, I promise"
"How can you be so sure?"
"Because of we split up, then it will be because you leave. As long as I breathe, I will always be by your side. I love you Kalin and nothing can change that."
"I love you too."
Someone pops the back of the vehicle open. We both look to see Dillion and Andre.
"All this carp but no mini fridges," Dillion complains.
"That's because of us. We kinda don't deserve them stupid," Andre replies.
"You gotta earn them and I know just the way," I comment.
"I'm not taking care of all of your junk," Dillion says.
"Not that stupid. You two meet me in my office in about two hours," I state.
They nod their heads and grab stuff to take in. I look at Kalin to see her slightly confused as well as something else.
"What?" I ask.
"I never realised how much you look like your mom and dad. Most people aren't like that, but you are."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't look like either of my parents, Jaz only looks like her mom, and Theo barely shows resemblance to his dad. Yet you can clearly see your parents in you."
I let her words sink in. I never thought I looked like either of them, much less like them both. They were completely opposites. Looking like them both should be impossible, but some how Kalin sees them both. I let a year drop from my eye. She goes to wipe it away but doesn't move her hand.
"I'm sorry I yelled. I seem to lose sight of myself lately. I just don't want anyone hurt because of my sister."
I take her hand and kiss it
"It's fine that you're going a little crazy. What you said earlier was true, we haven't gone through anything like this before. You were also wrong earlier though, I trust you with everything I have. I didn't tell you because I wanted you to have a good time."
"Why not tell me now?"
"The more I think about it, it might be better if Cailleach makes you remember instead so you don't flip out again."
She nods her head.
"I guess that makes sense."
She looks slightly grumpy.
"You guys should kiss, then help," Dillion says.
Without hesitation, she flips him off. I laugh as his shocked expression. She grumbles something about how we are all idiots as she gets out.
"I love you!" I semi-shout.
"Aw, thanks man," Dillion co is.
I shoot him a warning glare.
"Kidding man."
"I was going to kiss her, but you ruined it," I whine.
"That's my job. Not kissing you or her, but ruining things."
"Haha," Kalin says as she slightly pushes him.
He laughs along with Kalin and me. I get out and grab bags full of baby stuff.
-------30 minutes later------
I plop down on the carpeted floor. Of taking care of kids is this hard than we are in some serious trouble. All we have done is separate the stuff into three different rooms.
"Alpha I found a spell that can help her remember, but I don't know how much of her memory will come back," Cailleach says.
Kalin sits next to me.
"In down with that. I never thought about forgotten memories."
"Okay then. I'll prepare for the spell. It should take an hour or so to be fully prepared."
"Thank you Cailleach," I say.
She nods her head then leaves.
"What are we going to do until then?" Kalin asks.
"We can start painting."
"Yea, but I would rather kiss you."
She climbs onto my lap, making me instantly rigid in some places. She covers my mouth with hers.
"You're gonna get yourself into some trouble," I purr out.
"Maybe I like being bad," she seductively growls.
I pick her up as she twists her legs around me. I kiss her all the way to her bedroom. I mind link everyone to take their problems up with Andre and to leave Kalin and me alone for a while.
---------1 hour later--------
Kalin is snuggled up to my chest sleeping when someone softly knocks on the door.
"Alpha, the spell is ready," Cailleach whispers.
"We'll be out in a minute," Kalin says before I can.
"I thought you were asleep," I state.
"I was but I woke up like five minutes ago."
"Why didn't you say anything?"
"I was enjoying your company too much."
I give a small chuckle.
"You can enjoy my company later if you are good enough."
She gives me a kiss and I gladly return the favor. She goes to her closet and pulls on a tightly fitting white dress after putting on new undergarments. The dress shows her tiny belly bump. It put my unders and pants back on. I go to grab my shirt but Kalin snatches it up first.
"Come on baby, I can't go walking around half naked."
She bites her lip in a sexy way.
"I wouldn't mind."
"But what about everyone else?"
There is a small hint of a whine in my voice.
"Ypull be fine."
"Pretty please can I have my shirt back?"
"Hmm, what will I get then?"
"Well your get your memories back."
"I'm already getting that though."
I huff.
"What do you want?"
"A bigger room, one not taken yet and closer to the babies room."
"Okay, done."
She tosses me my shirt.
"I also want you with no short later."
"Done."
She giggles.
"Hurry up slow poke," she says, throwing herself into another fit of laughter.