chapter 19 - my business

Ashley's p.o.v.

I storm back upstairs and into my new room. I'm too mad to go back to sleep. How could Dillion just pretend that what happened Friday didn't happen?! I grab the clothes from the bathroom and poor them on. I didn't even care to close the bedroom door. I know nobody is going to come get me. I scared them pretty bad and they are going to be more worried about Dillion more than me. I don't want anyone to see me leave so I jump out of the window even though it's on the second floor. I turn into my wolf. She needs to let some stress out and I need to just think.
Where do you want to go today? I ask her.
Home. She instantly answers me.
Okay.
I give her full control over my body but lurk in the back of her mind. She turns to the place we both grew up at.
-------------------5 minutes later-----------------
She slows to a walk and smells the air. No one is supposed to be here but it's better to be careful.
Other wolves were here.
They might still be here, so be careful when you look for them.
I feel her nodding her head as she goes into stalking mode. She pushes through the front doors which is made for us big wolves. There are bodies everywhere. My wolf wants to howl but she can't, not now.
If you howl, you give our position up.
But they are pack.
I know girl, just find outwit is or was here then we will leave and you can do it then okay?
Fine.
She picks up the werewolf's scent. This is a familiar scent, but from where? She follows it to the back woods. She picks up another smell and growls softly.
Hunters.
I gulp. So my dad was right, the enemy is working for a werewolf. Whoever this wolf is, they deserve an unhonorable death, and bird's to eat them instead of a burial.
They are coming. Fight or flight?
Flight. We will fight when we know more about who the wolf is.
Fine.
She turns around and runs away from both houses that are both home.
-----------------20 minutes later-----------------
We come upon a email pond and lay down beside it
Who do you think the wolf is?
I don't know but it's someone we have come across before.
Should we tell everyone else about this new information?
Not yet. The wolf might be in that pack.
I'm glad u have you to answer these questions.
After I howl and get a drink we should go back. Theo and Jasmyn are at home and if the wolf is there then we should be also.
She stood up and howls deeply then gets a long drink.
Do you want to hunt first?
No. We all need to start hunting in mini packs. We don't know if the hunters are gone or not.
You're good at this alpha stuff.
So are you. You just release it at the wrong times.
Thanks. We should go now.
Okay.
She stretches really quick then runs towards our new home.
-----------------20 minutes later-----------------
I transfer back to my human form.
Whenever you need to hunt just let me know.
My wolf just nods her head. I walk through the door and am automatically hit by that smell. I follow my nose into the meeting.
"I thought this wasn't your business?" Brandon says.
Him. That smell belongs to him.
"How could you?! You killed my pack, my family, my father!"
"I came out of my office to what was left after you left."
"You're a liar! How could you order an attack on my pack?! I'm going to kill you, you monster!"
"What are you talking about Ashley, I haven't been to your old pack house since I picked you up. You need to leave this room if none of this is your concern."
Stay. You need to calm down. Don't raise suspensions.
Fine.
"Fine, then this is my business." I stand in a defense position.
"Okay. Well I was going to say that we need to get the rest of the Stargazer pack house cleaned and bury the pack. The house will eventually go up on market and Goddess knows what will happen if someone saw bones everywhere. You three also start school tomorrow so make sure you are ready. End of meeting."
I take my words back. Kill him now! My wolf says.
If we attack, his pack will protect him at all cost. We need to plan our attack wisely.
Fine.
Thank you for trusting me.
Brandon gets up and goes through a door. Probably his new office. Everyone finally looks at me.
"What was that?! You just called our alpha a monster! I'm surprised he didn't just kill you," some girl yells at me.
"Back down Destiny," Chris says.
I make my wolf fangs grow out.
"Yea Destiny. Just ask Dillion how much it was a closed one earlier," I say then growl.
She takes a few steps back and I hear a whimper from Dillion. I make my fangs shrink.
"Ashley can I please talk to you privately?" Chris asks.
I shrug and walk upstairs. I already know that he won't believe me about his dad. Why should he?