chapter 51 - the truth

Kalin's p.o.v.

I watch Jasmyn as she leaves while Christian climbs into the couch with me. I hate myself for snapping like that, but I have seemed to have lost all control of my emotions. He buffs as he places his head on my stomach.
"Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Their hearts are in sync with yours," he says in a soothing voice.
I inhale a deep breath. I need to stay calm for these moments. I run my hand through his hair.
"When are we going to get ready for them?" he asks.
"We can start tonight, or even now. The only problem with getting ready for them is that we don't know the genders yet. There are endless possibilities there," I speak out loud.
"Well, there will have to be a little princess for me and a tiny Alpha for the pack. You decide the gender of the other one," he laughs out.
"I'm pretty sure that's is not how that works."
"Sure it is."
"I wonder if Cailleach is still around."
He shoots up.
"Why?"
"She could probably tell us, and I would feel safer knowing that we have her magic to fall back on, just in case."
"Oh," he says as he lays back down.
I know he was thinking about me thinking about extracting Lisa's wolf. I still think it would be for the best, but it wouldn't feel right slightly. I mean, her wolf is a part of her. It would be like losing your mate almost. I wonder how Brandon and Taysa are. If I could ever change one thing, it would be protecting them.
"Here," Christian says while handing me a piece of paper.
At closed inspection, I notice that it is a phone number.
"What is this?"
"Her number."
"How...why...when...you know what, I don't want to know. Thank you."
I give him a small peck on the lips and jump up to go to our office. Christian jumps up just as quickly and grabs my hand.
"Oh no you don't Missy, you're sticking with me."
I buff and drag him to the office. Once inside, I close the door and pick up the phone.
------20 minutes later-------
Cailleach will be here in two minutes. I am visibly shaking from my nerves Christian comes up from behind me and hugs my waist, which instantly calms my nerves

"I can't believe we are actually going to do this Maybe we should invite James, seeing as he is following the babies' progress. I know you have guards up around the perimeter Christian. i feel about twenty of them on edge. Tell them that she is coming"

"Why don't you Luna? i told James and he said he will be here as soon as possible."

"Because I don't know them all, which reminds me, I still have to meet our entire pack I know they were all at the Alpha and Luna ceremony, but I need to know them on a personal level to create that connection."

"You might not have time to meet everyone, but we can start at the highest ranking and work down-"

"No, I want to start with the Omegas."

"Yes ma'am, and they know. How long will it take her to do her thingy? We still need to hunt, shop for practically everything, and now meet everyone completely."

"She said that it should take no longer than minute or two. How many warriors do you have? we can pair them up and split the pack into groups to start the hunting."

"We have about one hundred warriors and thirty pack hunters. I can tell Andre to split them up with help from Jasmyn."

I nod my head and someone knocks on the door.

"Come in," I shout

Theo steps in.

"Is it true that you carry three, not one?"

"Did Jasmyn tell you?"

"Sort of, I heard her yelling about it."

"Well yes, it is true Theo," Christian states proudly.

"That's awesome. I almost forgot to tell you, Cailleach is here."

"Send her in please," Christian says in his Alpha voice.

"Yes Alpha."

He rushes out and almost immediately Cailleach enters She stares at Christian as if he has something wrong with him.

"How are you Christian?" she inquires.

"I am amazing. How are you?"

She doesn't answer him, but only shifts her stare to me.

"This will be easier than I thought child,, two have been chosen already The other is harder Come to me."

I move from Christian's addictive touch and move in front of the desk. She places a hand on my belly.

"Oh yes, there is a tiny Alpha and little princess. I'm guessing Christin did this? of course he did, he is their father and Alpha The little princess is all alone though. Two boys, that's correct."

I gasp Two boys and a girl? How was she able to know exactly what Christian said?

"They told me dear, I connected with them and they told me," Cailleach says.

I move my head up and down.

I told you so, Christian says.

Is that all you care about?

No, I just had to say it.

All of the sudden, James bursts through the door.

"Did i miss it?"

"I am afraid s-" Cailleach starts to say as she turns around "James? I-I don't know what to say. Y-you look good."

"What do you want Cailleach? I thought you were banned from here."

James' face has turned cold and hard.

"You know that Brandon kicked me out, not banned Besides, I talked to him and he told me to keep an eye on his son and mate. I am only doing that. I do not wish to create trouble for you or Carolina."

"Why would you cause them trouble? What is going on?" I ask in my Luna voice

"I wasn't sure, but now I am. You're Carolina's mother, aren't you? You changed some things about you, plus your face looks more mature because your witch side took over your wolf side," Christian growls out.

"You are correct; i am her mother."

I gasp How is this possible? It can't be. She has been so helpful, and Carolina's mother is a monster.

"Momma?" I hear from behind James.