Chapter 4

"You can't always get what you want." She said looking over at me.

"But I will." I replied putting my hand on her thigh. She quickly move it away.

"I'm not ready for this. Not after what my last relationship ended up like, and definitely not after what your doing." She said looking forward.

"We're going our to dinner tonight." I said trying to change the subject in a way.

"I'm more in the mood to stay out of public." She replied.

"Would you rather me make you dinner than?" I asked smiling and looking over at her.

"Anything to get on your good side." She said looking down in her lap.

"Your already on my good side, I gotta get yours." I said pulling into the parking lot of my flat.

"I thought we were going clothes shopping as you demanded." She said as I parked the car.

"I'm think we'll do that once we have nothing to do." I said turning off the car.

"And what are we doing once we get back inside?" She said looking over at me.

"Watch a movie and cuddle." I said smiling and grabbing the keys in my hand.

"Cuddle? No." She said undoing her seatbelt.

"Remember? What I say is what we do." I said smirking over at her. She slowly turned her head to look out her window.

"Come on, it'll be fun." I said poking her arm.

"Fun? It'll be fun? It'll be fun for me to sit on a couch and watch a movie with a man I haven't even known for day? It'll be fun to have that same man I barely know cook me dinner not knowing if it'll be safe to eat or not? It'll be fun living with that man knowing all he wants is to use me to get back at Jack? It'll be fun to be used? Does that sound like fun to you!?" She said turning her body towards me.

"Kate, don't start." I said slowly shaking my head back and fourth.

"Start what? Start what you are putting me through?" She said grabbing my wrist.

"I can't even think about being in a relationship unless you leave the only part of my family I have.... Alone..." She said with a pout holding my wrist in both of her hands.

"So what if I let Jack go?" I asked. She slowly looked at me.

"Does this relationship mean that much to you?" She asked letting go of my wrist.

"I wanna see what can happen between us. I'll only let him go as long as you promise your not going anywhere, because I will find you and you will stay with me. You have to stay with me as long as you don't want him to be harmed." I said grabbing her thigh. She looked up.

"Just, let me try." I said. She turned her head to look at me.

"So your saying if I stay with you, you'll leave Jack unharmed?" She as wiping a few tears off her cheek. I nodded my head.

"And I have to stay with you, and if I try to leave you'll find me. What happens if I did leave and you couldn't find me?" She asked grabbing my hand from her thigh and holding it.

"You'll find out, and you may not like it. So it's your choice. You can either still keep to the agreement you stay with me for a week and then I let him go, or you stay with me for awhile longer and I let him go right now." I said entwining our fingers. Our hands laid on her thigh.

She sighed.

"I-I'll stay. Just, don't try anything. Not until I get to know how you are in a relationship, not until I get used to you. Got it?" She said looking me in the eyes. I smiled.

"Got it." I said taking my hand from hers and opening my car door. She sat and waited till I came around her side and opened her door. She stepped onto the pavement and waited for me to shut the door. We then began to walk. I grabbed her hand and my eyes widened when she entwined our fingers.

Could she be starting to think about us dating, or did she only lock our fingers together to say thank you for me letting her brother go? I had no clue, but I wasn't gonna stop. I was happy I had been able to switch her personalities around like that.

"Is this a new start for us?" I asked as we walked into the building.

"In a way yes, and no. Lets just see how we work out as friends first." She replied as we stepped onto my door mat.

"Alright." I replied pulling out my keys. I inserted them into the lock and we walked in. I shut the door and her hand left mine.

"What movie are we watching?" She asked taking her shoes off. I smiled knowing that she wanted to watch the movie now.

"Hmm, whatever you want." I replied taking my shoes off. She then walked over and sat on the couch.

"So now you wanna watch a movie?" I asked sitting next to her.

"I gotta do something for you now." She replied.

I liked to see Kate like this. The good side of Kate was always better even though I didn't mind a challenge.

"Just pick out a movie." She said quietly looking away from me.

"Alright." I said with a laugh and grabbed a cd case.

"Wanna watch Spongebob?" I asked with a chuckle.

"You still watch Spongebob?" She asked giggling.

"I do with Lux." I said putting it in the CD player.

"Yeah, lets watch Spongebob." She said with a light laugh. I stood up and turned the t.v on. The movie then started to play previews. I took that time and went back to my room to grab a pillow and blanket.

"Ready?" I asked walking back into the living room holding the stuff.

"Yeah." She said quietly standing up. I smiled and then walked over to the couch. I put the pillow down and laid the blanket on the couch. I pulled the covers up and climbed under laying flat on the couch. I held on my arms.

"Come." I said smiling. She sighed and walked over. She sat on the couch and scooted up putting her back to my stomach laying down. I wrapped my arm around her body holding her close and rested my chin in the crook of her neck.

"Harry." She said quietly.

"Yes?" I whispered.

"Why do you like me? I've treated you like shit." She said still looking at the t.v.

"I deserved it. I've been an ass to you and I'm sorry. I really like you." I said quietly.

"But why?" She asked slightly moving her neck.

"Your different. And I need different." I replied quietly. She didn't say anything.

Kate was different. Different in a good way. And different is what I need with how my life is now.