Chapter 22

I woke up with the sunlight from the window barely beeming in. Kate and I were still in the same position as we were right when we were going to sleep. The warm blankets covered our bodies and our body heat connected. The position was comfotrable, more comfortable than usual. But I was wide awake now, and I wanted to wake her up sweetly. I sat up in bed, unconnecting us from our "hug" or "hold" and I tried to think of what song to sing, but I couldn't. Why couldn't I think? I'm in a famous band with plenty of songs. Then it hit me, One Thing.

"Ive tried playing it cool." I silently sang. "But when I'm looking at you, I can't ever be brave. Cause you make my heart race." I sang a little louder. "Shot me out of the sky, your my kriptonite. You keep making me we-eak, yet frozen and can't breath." I quietly kept on singing on. She then rolled over on her back, I watched as her eyes fluttered open. She looked up at me. 

"So get out, get out, get out of my head, and fall into my arms instead." I sang on louder. She sat up and smiled over at me. "Cause I need that One Thing, and you've got that One Thing." I only sang to that part. She smiled and pecked her lips into mine. 

"Sleep well?" I asked smiling. 

"A lot better than usual." She replied smiling back. 

"Why not good before?" I asked curiously, of course me being stupid.

"I wasn't used to you, this place, and I was still scared at the time." She replied quickly. I nodded my head up and down.

"You scared anymore?" I asked smiling.

"Nope." She said grinning.

"Good." I said kissing her cheek. "Wanna do me a favor?"

"Which would be..?"

"Go bake cinnamon rolls." I replied smiling idiotically.

"Really?" She said with a giggle.

"Only if you want."

"Do you even have any?" She asked looking over at the bedroom door.

"In the fridge, its already put together, all you gotta do is put them on a baking sheet and then in the oven." I said smiling, still. 

"Fine, Ill do it this one time." She said standing up out of bed. She pulled down her tank top slightly so it wouldn't be wrinkled and walked out. I reached over to the night stand next to my bed where I placed mine and Kate's phones the last time I held them. I had my charger plugged into the wall right behind the night stand, so I plugged my phone in. I searched through the night stands drawer to find the extra iPhone charger I had. What wondered me was how Kate had nicer clothes and a nice phone if they barely had any money to get by. Then it hit me, Jack. Jack used the money I have him for that. Oh well, the money didn't even bother to me. I had Kate, and that's what mattered to me. 

I finally found the other iPhone charger and plugged it in the outlet behind the night stand. I plugged her phone in, and then walked out of the bedroom. I slowly walked down the hallway, just looking at the hole I punched in the wall, and then the bits and pieces that fell to the floor. Why didn't the boys ask about the hole while they were over? Or they probably just assumed I got pissed. I walked into the kitchen, my bare feet hitting the cold tile floor. Kate had her back turned to me. She had the baking sheet on top of the oven, and she was placing the cinnamon roll dough on it. I walked up behind her quietly and wrapped my arms around her face. She quickly smacked some dough onto my face. I stepped back.

"Oops." She said with a giggle. "You scared me."

"And dough is gonna save you?" I teased wiping it off my face and putting it in the trash can.