Chapter 8

After I had finished cleaning up in the kitchen, I walked back into the bedroom and turned on the lamp next to my side of the bed. I looked over at Kate to see she was passed out. Her head was on my pillow a tiny bit. I didn't mind though. I sighed and was to lazy to change. I slipped my shirt off and laid down next to her on top of the covers. I had just got adjusted comfortably on my back when Kate had her eyes barely open. 

"Are we going to get a pet hamster?" She asked looking at me. 

"No Kate." I said with a chuckle. "Go back to sleep." I said grinning. She shrugged her shoulders and then laid her head on my collar bone. One of her hands rested on my chest. She was fast asleep. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. I smiled and slowly reached up to turn the light out. The room then became pitch black. I just stared into the darkness holding Kate. Her small breathes hit my chest. I could smell the alcohol in her breathe. It didnt bother me though. The weird thing was, even when we fought, I loved being with her. I know it had only been one or close to two days, but a lot has happened in just one. There was something different about Kate. I can't explain it, but it's good.  

I smiled and stayed away for awhile longer. 

"Kate." I whispered. 

"I'm really sorry." I said very quietly. She then moved her head and re-adjusted.  

"Goodnight." I said kissing the top of her head. I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

*** 

I was awaken to hear Kate scream. She wasn't next to me either. I saw the bedroom door was opened. I quickly ran out and ran into the living room to see stuff knocked around. I frantically walked into the kitchen to see a man on top of Kate choking her. His knees bent, sitting at her lower waist. She struggled for air, his grip tightning. Her hands came to both of his wrists trying to pull him off. As soon as I saw, I punched him in the back of the head as hard as I could. He fell over to the side completely letting go of Kate. I could feel my blood boiling. 

"Kate..." I said quietly kneeling down to her. She laid flat and panted for air. I ran my fingers threw her hair before standing up. I glared at the man evilly.

"Kate.. Get out of here." I said quietly as I felt my anger rise.  

"Harry I--" She tried to say before I cut her off. She laid on the ground slightly leaning up. 

"KATE GO! LISTEN!" I screamed. She got up quickly and ran into the living room. I walked over to the man kicked his body causing him to lay flat on his back. He wasn't quite knocked out, he was barely conscious. I climbed on top of him. 

"So you wanna fucking hit a women?" I asked quietly hitting my fist across his jaw. 

"And you wanna choke one too?" I yelled gripping both of my hands around his neck tightly. My grip became tighter. He struggled to move. 

"HARRY STOP!" Kate yelled running over to me. 

"You little bastard." I said letting him take a 10 second breathe before gripping my hands around his neck again. He was barely able to punch at me, but tried. 

"Harry, please.." Kate begged into my ear quietly. I then slowly let go and stood up. I turned to her to see her lip was busted a little bit. My thumb ran across it slowly. I turned back around and kicked him in the stomach. 

"Don't. Harry! I'm helping you now. Remember?" She said grabbing my arm.  

"Get me out before I kill him." I said clenching my fists at my sides. She led me back to the bedroom and sat me down on the bed. I took in heavy breathes.