Chapter 46

Harry's POV:

This is great. It feels good to be back. It feels good to be holding her while she sleeps, it's good to know I'm with her again, it's good to be home.

The morning hit and a tiny bit of lighting could be seen through the window in the bedroom. I leaned my head off of her chest, her hand that was resting in my hair easily falling over her stomach which was covered by the duvet. I softly kissed her forehead and plopped my head back down on my pillow beside her. I laid on my side and just looked at her as she carelessly slept so beautiful.

"I missed you more than anything." I mumbled, my morning voice cracky. My finger brushed through some of her long brown hair, pushing it out of her face. "And I love you so much." She began to stir around, her body becoming shaky.

"Please don't leave me." She mumbled, her tone scared. Her eyes remained closed as she seemed to be freaking out.

"Kate, I'm here." I said loudly. She scrambled around a bit more. I finally realized that she was dreaming and I don't want her having a bad dream any longer than needed.

"Don't leave me like this Harry!" She seemed to be sobbing, but no tears were coming through.

"Babe!" I yelled shaking her. "Kate wake up!" Her eyes suddenly fluttered opened and she looked at me like she was terrified. I pulled her body to be against mine, as she sobbed into my bare chest. I lightly traced circles on her bare back.

"I-I thought you lef-ft me again." She continued to sob. My chest became wet with tears, but I didn't even care at this moment.

"Shhh, it was only a dream." I hushed her. After a few minutes, she calmed down. Her breathing was back to normal, her sobs stopped, and I don't think she was even crying anymore. "Do you want to tell me what happened in your dream?" I brought myself to ask.

"W-we got into a fight.." She sighed, moving away from my chest and putting her head back on her pillow. Her face was red and puffy, her brown eyes glassy and dark. "You said you never loved me and then left." Her bottom lip quivered slightly but she bit it to have it stop. My mouth hung open slightly.

"Babe, it was just a dream. I love you with all my heart, and you know that." I reminded her. Her lips curved up into a light smile and I reached my thumb out to her cheeks and wiped away the remainder of her tears. "So, I have a question." I stated.

"Which is?" She still lightly smiled. God, that gorgeous smile. She's still beautiful even when just waking up and crying at the same time.

I took in a deep breath and let out a sigh.

"I didn't pay attention last night but," I sighed once again and bit my bottom lip. "did you cut while I was gone?" I questioned. Her eyes widened and she scooted slightly away from me.

"Of course not.." She coughed. I felt my heart drop. She's lying to me.

"Give me your wrist then." I demanded. She shook her head and put both of her arms under the duvet we shared. I grabbed her arm and yanked it up.

"Harry stop!" She begged, trying to yank her wrist from my grip. As I brought her wrist to be in my focus, she stopped fighting. "I cut Harry..." She finally said. Her wrist was covered in at least 6 newer scars, and there were 3 scabbed cuts added.

"Why would you do this!?" I was on the verge of tears and needed a second to let everything sink in. I let go of her wrist and climbed out of bed, grabbing my boxers and slipping them on.

"Where are you going?" She asked, the sound of crying already in her voice. I completely ignored her and walked out of the bedroom. I walked through the hall and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.