Chapter 43

Kate's POV:

My eyes became wide at who I saw. My heart raced faster, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"Jack....?" My heart was pumping faster and faster.

"Hello... Kate."

"What are you doing here!?" I snapped. His dark brown hair laid upon his forehead, his matching brown eyes dull. He wore a filthy white shirt with the sleeves torn off. His medium blue baggy jeans hung low on his hips, covering the tops of his tan boots.

"I came to talk to you." He smiled, shoving his hands in his front jeans pockets. My heart was pumping faster and faster by anger and worry. "You're still my baby sister." He nudged by me, stepping into the flat.

"Jack, get out now." I grumbled, holding the door wide open for him. He chuckled, his laugh filling the space. "I will call the cops! Get. Out." He completely ignored me and sat comfortably on the couch. I slammed the door shut and walked over to be in front of him.

"Come on Kate, you don't have your little Harry here to protect you." He chuckled once again. I felt my heart shatter. Is he seriously thinking that I'm taking it funny that Harry can't be here right now?

"Who do you think you are?" My voice rose, anger filling inside of me. He stood up to be right in front of me, his legs touching the back of the couch.

"I'm Jack. Who do you think you are leaving me like that?" His voice began getting louder. I shoved him, causing him to fall back onto the couch. A light laugh escaped from his mouth, he quickly stood up. "Am I just allowed to talk to you for a bit?"

"Lets get one thing straight Jack. I SAVED YOU! GET IT? HARRY WAS ABOUT TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU, BUT I SAVED YOU. SO SHUT UP AND GET OUT!" I screamed. I had never screamed at Jack like that before ever. His face filled with fury, madness covering his eyes. Just as he was about to grab me, I turned around and ran to the kitchen. I began searching through the silverware drawer until I came across a huge knife. I quickly grabbed it and slammed the drawer shut. I turned around, gripping the handle tightly in my grasp. There stood Jack, a shocked reaction came across his face as I pointed the knife at him.

"Kate, put the knife down." He said calmly, slowly stepping forward to me. Tears formed the rims of my eyes as I still held the knife out at him. Why was I doing this? Was I fighting for love? Have I really hated Jack all along?

"Get out Jack." I sobbed, the knife becoming shaky in my hand. He stepped forward again, slowly and calmly.

"I just need to talk to you, please let me do that." He begged, standing in once spot right in front of me now. Why am I doing this?

"About what Jack?" I sobbed once again, but placing the knife at my side, still keeping a good grip on it. He sighed in relief, but still stayed in one spot.

"About Harry." He gently said. I stomped my foot, letting a whimper escape my mouth. "Why do you hate me?" I gulped, my heart began pounding again.

"There is no hate about it Jack. I just don't care about you anymore." I simply stated. He looked down at his tan boots and then back into my eyes.

"But why?"

"YOU TRIED TO KILL MY BOYFRIEND! DON'T YOU GET IT? IM. IN. LOVE." I sobbed once again, bringing the knife back up again. He stepped back quickly.

"Kate, listen to me. Does Harry REALLY care about you?" He questioned, his low voice was quiet and gentle. I huffed and looked up at him, the knife shaking in my hand.

"Yes you dumbass!" I screamed. He crossed his arms in disapproval of my language, but what can he really do?

"Think about it. If he really loved you, he wouldn't have went on tour." Jack chuckled, balancing his weight on one leg.