Chapter 42

Kate's POV:

One month later.....

Its been two full months without Harry next to me.. Without his hug, his kiss, his touch.... I feel empty, I feel like I have no one along with me. To be honest, Ive only left the flat for going to get grocries or if Sophie drags me out. I really just wanted to be alone. I've been feeling depressed lately.. The last time I felt this way was when my parents passed. I haven't felt so alone in years. Yeah, we still call, text, Skype, and Facetime, but I haven't even been able to know he's sitting right beside me. I miss him. That's all. I just miss him.

My phone began buzzing on the coffee table. I got up from the couch to see Harry was Skype calling me. I struggled a smile and answered the call. I sat back down on the couch and waited for Harry's screen to load up. I then saw the curly haired boy show up on my screen, smiling bigger than ever.

"Hey babe!" He waved to the camera. I tried my best to put a smile on my face, fighting the tears. 

"Hi.." I spoke softly. He tilted his head to the side, confussion filling his face. I smiled bigger, trying to reassure him that I was okay, but I was breaking without him.

"Love, is everything okay?" He lowly asked. I held my phone up to just show my face. Could he tell Ive been upset? I'm not wearing make up, so its not like my mascara could be smeered. My face isn't red or puffy cause I actually haven't been crying. I just haven't been able to put on a real smile either.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed. He groaned, rolling his eyes. I rolled my eyes along with him. Hes so stubborn sometimes, but thats why I fell in love with him.

"I think I know you better than your own best friend, Kate. Somethings wrong." He said brushing his fingers through his curls. That's when I lost it. I set my phone into my lap, placing my hands on my face and began crying. I was crying hard. Its been 60 whole days without him. I can't hold up strongly. "Kate, talk to me." I heard Harry say through the phone as it was face down in my lap.

"I-I'm sorry.." I sobbed and wiped away my tears. I picked the phone up and put the camera at my face. I now looked horrible. My face was red and puffy, my eyes were red and swollen.

"I miss you too." Harry sighed. My bottom lip was quivering, just looking at the boy I can't see for four more months.

"Harry.. Please come home." I whimpered. He pressed his plump lips together, covering his eyes with one of his large hands.

Harry's POV: 

"Harry.. Please come home." She whimpered. My heart shattered, shes breaking without me. I can tell. She's not giving me any real smiles, she just broke down in front of me, shes not Kate.

I pressed my lips together and placed my hand over my eyes. I have to stay strong for her cause if I cry, she'll cry harder. My breath hitched as I tried to hold in the tears, but I was struggling.

"Just let it out babe." She softly spoke. Her voice made the tears pour down my cheek. I removed my hand from my eyes and looked at the camera. My face was red and swollen while my eyes were red and puffy. Tears wouldn't stop pouring down my cheeks.

"Listen to me," I sniffled. She was lightly crying along with me. Her features were still as beautiful as ever, minus the tears and puffiness. "I will be back before you know it. Trust me. Although it feels like a long time, Ill be walking through that flat before you know it." She sobbed, placing her shaky hand over her mouth.

"I just miss you Harry!" She cried out. I huffed, trying to block my tears.

"Harry, you gotta go get ready for the concert." I heard Zayn called from beind me. I was in the kitchen of the hotel we were staying in, on my laptop. I turned to see him, his face quickly looking serious.

"Ill be ready.." I grumbled, turning back to Kate with a smile. Zayn walked over and peaked his head into the camera.

"Hey Kate!" He smiled. She simply replied with "hi." I looked at Zayn and shooed him away.

"You gotta get rea--" Zayn began to say, but I cut him off.

"I know Zayn! Just GO!" I yelled. He rolled his eyes and walked out of the kitchen, leaving me alone with Kate again. She sighed and looked away from the camera.

"You didn't have to yell at him like that..." She mumbled looking back at the camera. I fiddled with my thumbs, unsure of what to say next.

"I love you." I perked. Her face went from a frown to a smile, a real one too. And that just made me smile huge. 

"I love you too." She replied. But her smile quickly faded away, and I frowned. "Go get ready, I don't want you to get in trouble." 

"I don't care if I get in trouble."

"Harry, just go. I don't want the boys to turn their backs on you."

"Why would they do that?" My heart sunk at her words. I don't want the boys to turn their backs on you. Seriously, why would they do that.

"Cause you're not happy anymore. You just practically yelled at Zayn." She sighed. I bit my bottom lip, knowing she was right.

"I'm sorry.. I'll call you or text you after the concert, okay?" I questioned. She grinned and nodded. "Just remember, I do love you."

"I love you too curly." She giggled. Ahh! She giggled! Yes. She hasn't done that since I saw her in person.

"Keep that beautiful smile on your face. Ill call you later." I said smiling. She nodded and left the call. I sighed and shut the laptop. I went into my room and began changing. She still loves me, and she hasn't lost feelings. That's what Ive been worried about. Ive been worried that my babygirl is gonna loose feelings for me while I'm gone. If that happened, I would never be able to forgive myself for having to put my career first.

I shook the thought away and continued getting ready. I still have the boys comfort and the fans that love mine and Kate's relationship. I have nothing to worry about now. We still love each other, and thats all that matters right now.

Kate's POV:

I sat on the couch and quietly cried. He's not the same. I guess neither of us are the same. I just need to find ways to smile more. I feel myself smiling sometimes when I talk to him, but like I just said, sometimes. I would just rather see him in person, then that would put the biggest smile on my face ever.

I heard three loud knocks come from the front door. I knew who it would be, Sophie. I grumbled standing up and wiping my tears away. I walked to the door and unlocked it, opening it up.

My eyes became wide at who I saw. My heart raced faster, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"Jack....?" My heart was pumping faster and faster.

"Hello... Kate."