Chapter 40

Kate's POV:

It's the night right before Harry leaves for tour. I wish he wouldn't have to go. I understand though, it's his career and he has to do it. I just wish it wouldn't have to happen like this... For so long.

I sat down in the bedroom after changing into my night clothes. I wore Harry's long, white button up shirt that came down to my thighs. I had my underwear on, but that's all that was on underneath. This was Harry's favorite way of how I dressed; wearing his clothes.

I sat down on the bed with my back to the headboard, holding a pillow in my lap. Harry came walking in while he was brushing his teeth. He was wearing a pair of black night pants. He was shirtless, which I didn't mind. He gave me a light smile while still scrubbing his teeth, and walked out.

After a few minutes, he walked back in, smiling lightly.

"Well, this is it." He whispered. He sat down next to me and sighed. I looked into his beautiful green eyes, and sighed as well.

"The final moments.." I mumbled back. He gave a crooked smile, patting his hand on my leg. I took the pillow from my lap and put it behind me. We were both still sitting up, just looking at each other. There was no smiling, no motion. More like depression.

Silence filled the room, only the slight noise of breathing was heard. I pulled up the sleeves on the shirt due to it being long and baggy, and turned myself to be on his lap. I leaned in and hugged Harry. He gave me a tight hug. I rolled off of him, back to where I was before.

I rubbed my wrists, the reminder of cutting popped in my head. No, I won't do it. It's fine. Harry will be back, and he'll be right here soon enough.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. I noticed I was still rubbing my left wrist, the one where I cut the most.

"N-no. I'm okay." I stuttered, pulling my sleeves down quickly. I looked up at him, and bit my lower lip.

"Kate?" He questioned. I gulped. That was one thing I kept from Harry.. That I cut. I don't know how he never noticed, but as long as he didnt notice, I wasnt gonna tell him. Well, not until now.

"I'm fine." I said faking a smile. He quickly grabbed my arm, pulling the sleeve up and observing my wrist. Tears welled in my eyes. He brushed his finger over the scars and sighed.

"Why did you keep this from me?" He asked still holding my wrist gently in his hand. I was down pouring with tears now. He looked disappointed and scared. I hated for him to have that look.

"I was afraid you'd stop loving me.." I whispered, closing my eyes. I turned my head away from him, trying to hold in my tears. He let go of my wrist, and his hand cupped my chin. He brought my face to look at him.

"Kate." He simply said. I opened my eyes to still see his disappointed look.

"H-Harry.. I'm s-sorry I didn't tell y-you." I stuttered between hard sobs.

"How could you think I'd stop loving you any less?" He was serious, staring at me dead on in the eye. My head fell to his chest, wet tears spilled down his bare chest, but I don't think he cared. His strong arm wrapped around my shoulder, hugging me tightly.

"I wouldn't love you any less. I just wish you would have told me." He said lowly, rubbing my back in soft circles.

"It was just so long ago.. I-I didn't think it mattered." I cried. He softly hushed me, just trying to have me calm down.

"I told you everything though. There's probably not one thing that you don't know about me. Even if it was in the past, you should have told me." He said so serious. I had never seen or heard him so serious since I've met him.