Chapter 21

As we drove, I still felt my wrist throbbing. Jack had smacked me a few times before, but he had never grabbed the like that, or even slapped me that hard. I began to cry.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked quietly.

"N-nothing." I replied. I didn't want to tell Harry about Jack grabbing my wrist like he did, or he would go back and hurt him. I may never want to see Jack again, but I don't want him hurt.

"Something's wrong Kate." Harry said glancing over at me.

"I-it's alright." I stuttered to say. He sighed and just remained silent.

"Your insecure.." He began to mumble/sing, but then paused.

"Don't know what for." He began again. "Your turning heads when you walk through the doo-o-or." He sang and smiled over at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Sing with me." He said looking back at the road.

"No, I can't sing." I replied.

"Sing with me anyway."

"Do I have to?" I asked with a pout.

"Yes, or I'll tickle you all night once we get home." Harry said with a laugh.

"No, okay. Okay, you start first." I said with a laugh.

"You'll do anything for me not to tickle you won't you?" He asked still having that light laugh.

"Well if you were ticklish, you would know." I teased.

"Alright alright." He said with a sigh.

"Don't need make up.." He began to sing again, but paused for me to join in, I sighed and did so. "To cover up. Being the way that you are is eno-o-ough." We sang together. He looked over at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked embarrassed.

"You can sing." He replied.

"Hold on, what?" I asked shocked.

"You can sing." He repeated.

"Are you sure you weren't just hearing yourself?" I asked with a giggle. He turned his head to the road and put both hands on the wheel.

"Kate, listen to me. You. Can. Sing." He said slowly. I blushed. How could I sing? I was always told I was never good by my bullies. I never joined chorus in school cause of what the bullies would say. Was he lying? Could he be just saying that?

"Your lying." I said looking over at him.

"Kate, look at me. Do I really look like the kind of person to lie to you? I would tell you if you weren't any good." He said annoyed.

"But I just.. I don't know.." I said looking forward to the road.

"Why would you think you weren't any good?" He asked turning the corner causing me to slide to the right.

"People." I replied causally.

"What would they say?" He asked stopping at a red light.

"I would never be good enough." I said like it didnt even bother me. I heard it so many times before, I was used to it.

"You are good enough Kate, your more than good enough. Don't listen to them. Clearly their just jealous. Look at you, there's everything to be jealous about." His words made me blush. How could this evil boy that I was afraid of be so sweet and caring?

"Awwwwh. Thank you Harry." I said laying my hand on his thigh.

"Your welcome baby." He replied pulling off from the red light. I don't know why, but I kept my hand on his thigh the entire trip home. I guess it just made me feel better just being able to know I was with him. How could I love him though? I began to think about all that he did before the sweet side of Harry came out, but then I remembered I was helping him. And that's the main reason I stayed, was to help him. It turns out I fell in love. In a short amount of days, yes. But I've never felt this way about anyone before.