Chapter 10

Hours later, I woke up with Kate still next to me with everything the same as before we went to sleep. I lifted my head up and peeked over at her to see she was still asleep. I thought I would take a shower cause it had been a few days since I had one. I slowly moved away from her, unconnecting our bodies. I stood up and walked out shutting the door quietly behind me. I walked in the bathroom and pulled back the black shower curtain. I bent down and started the shower setting it to warm. I made sure the bathroom door was shut because I knew Kate would be disgusted if she saw me naked. I removed my clothes and climbed in the shower, closing the curtains behind me.

***

After my shower, I grabbed a towl and wrapped it around my lower half and walked out. I walked into the kitchen to see Kate was washing the dishes.

"What are you doing?" I asked wrapping one of my arms around her body from the back, and holding up to my waist, the towel with my other free hand. She jumped slightly as I did so and then continued to wash.

"Just doing chores." She replied scrubbing spaghetti sauce off of a plate. I let go of her and reached over to the fossit. I turned it off. She looked at me confused.

"You don't have to." I said smirking at her. Her eyes scanned my body up and down.

"I know. I just wanna make things better now." She said looking up at my wet hair.

"Kate, your fine." I said smiling down at her.

She sighed and turned back to the sink. She turned the fossit back on and began washing the dishes again. I grabbed her wrist causing her to squirm away.

"Go ahead and take a shower. Its been a few days for both of us." I said smiling and letting go of her wrist. She shook her head and continued to wash.

"Kate, what's wrong?" I asked confused looking at her as she continued. Her bottom lip quivered slightly and she put her bottom lip in between her teeth to stop it.

"Kate?"

"I just.. Need to get my mind off a few things, thats all." She said finishing up with the last dish.

"About what?" I asked turning the fossit off once she finished the last dish.

"Its nothing.." She said looking up at me and wiping her wet hands on the shirt I gave her to wear. "Ill just go take a shower." She said faking a smile. I nodded my head and watched her as she walked into the bathroom and shut it. I knew something was up, I just didn't know exactly what. Could she actually be unhappy being with me? I know I didn't give a first good impression, but it must mean something after the kissing, saying yes when I asked her out, and always grabbing my hand and entwining our legs.

I sighed and walked back into my bedroom. I listened to the silent echo of the shower starting. I pulled out a grey pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt from my drawers. I looked for something for Kate to wear, but I honestly had nothing. Maybe she should wear what she was already wearing before meaning the bottoms, I'll give her a top, and we'll run over to her house so she can get clothes.

I quickly grabbed a pair of boxers and let my towel drop and slipped them on. I pulled the shirt over my head and put on the sweatpants. I grabbed a comb and combed out my slightly knotted hair. A few drops of water dripped down, so I put on a beanie the way I used to wear it, not worrying about the head-band thing I do. I remembered about the night I had Kate come back here, mine and her cell phones were in my jeans pocket in the corner of the room, so I walked over to both of them and picked them up. I checked to see if they were dead yet. Mine was, but Kate's still had a 19% battery. It said she had many missed calls and texts from Jack, and I'm guessing her friends Stacy and Sophia. I read the messages Jack sent.