Chapter 59

Kate's POV:

"Honey, is that you?" My mother stared at me and I did the same. My mind is racing, my heart pounding, my body ready to collapse. They died in a car crash years ago, there's no way they are actually standing in front of me. "Katie?" My mothers voice was soft, and that's what she always called me instead of Kate.

"It can't be you two." I said looking at my father. This isn't possible. There's no way that  they could've risen from the dead and be here.

"Kate, its us!" My father exclaimed pulling me into a tight hug. My mother joined and I hugged back, their embrace so foriegn. "Oh we've missed you so much." They let go of me and I felt Harry grab my hand.

"What's going on here?" He mumbled into my ear, his warm hand gripping onto mine. I looked up at him still in shock and mouthed 'I don't know.'

"I thought you were dead..." I said looking at them. "Where did you go?" My dad looked at mum and she nodded her head to him. He sighed and turned back to look at me.

"We left." He stated. Harry's hand tugged mine and he stepped forward.

"Kate, we need to go." Harry's voice was low and deepened.

"No... I need to find out what happened first." I responded. He stepped back behind me but never let go of my hand. I looked back at my parents and they looked upset. "Why?" My heart kind of ripped apart finding out that they were alive this whole time but never came back.

"We uhh..." My father paused and looked over at mum, waiting as if she had an answer. "For work..." He turned back at me and I know even though its been years since Ive seen him, I can see straight through his green eyes, and I know hes lying.

"Tell me the truth." Annoyance built up inside of me along with pain, sadness, and joy all at once.

"Okay fine. Katie, we left cause we weren't good enough. We were still in out early 30's at the time, and we didn't realize that it was time to grow up." Mum admitted. I didn't know what it was, but a abrupt cough came from my mouth, and I felt like I was hated, like they left me to go have fun.

"I was 13 years old... 13 years after I'm born, you finally think its time to go party?" I snapped. I missed them so so much, but the years believing they were dead, thinking I'd never see them again, thinking I was basically an orpan was all fake. They were here the whole time. "And why did you never come back? How did you fake being in a car accident?" Anger was killing me right now. I think Harry knew cause he winced as I realized I was harshly squeezing his hand.

"We told Jack to tell you that happened..." Dad sounded hurt, but I'm more hurt.

"You leave her at 13 fucking years old to go party, make her believe your dead, force your own son to tell her you're gone, and then appear in Starbucks and just now explain everything?" Harry barked, and that's the first time he's been able to go on in a sentence without saying 'uhh' or 'erm.' He must be pissed to.

"Now wait a second," Dad went on, but I cut him off.

"6 years you led me to believe you were dead, and you were never planning on coming around again?" Tears began burning my eyes, my heart pounding faster than before. "You risked missing my wedding, my child, everything I would go through in the future? You left cause you wanted to party, so why didn't you ever come back when you realized you fucked up?" My voice was getting louder, and there was no one else in the Starbucks except for the employees.

"Katie," My mother tried to go on, but I stopped her also.

"You broke me down! Made me feel empty, left me for some alcohol and drugs. What kind of people are you?" Tears were now rushing down my cheeks, my body shaking.