Chapter 20

As I drove, the sky was pitch black. The streets were empty, very few cars on the road. Kate and I hadn't really said anything since we gotten in the car, and I hated the silence.

"So erm, when's your birthday?" I asked, trying to break the silence. It felt awkward when we were silent cause when we would actually be, it would be while kissing or watching some movie.

"May 3." She replied.

"Hey, that's in less than a month." I said stopping at a ared light.

"What!?" She asked looking over at me.

"Kate, its April." I said with a laugh.

"Wow, I don't keep track of time." She said looking forward, with a light smile.

"That's alright." I said pulling off from the red light.

"Just turn at this corner." She said pointing to a corner that led to another road.

"Love, I know the way." I said with a light chuckle.

"How?" 

"Uh, Jack.." I said quietly. She sighed and stayed quiet again. I knew she wasn't mad, but I knew niehter of us knew what to say at that time. We finally arrived infront of a very small house. I parked my car in the drive way and shut the car off. I looked over at Kate and gave her a big sigh. She looked at me while taking her seatbelt off.

"Ready?" I asked grabbing her hand. She nodded her head and waited for me to go open her car door, knowing that I forgot to take the safety lock off. Once I opened her door. She climbed out and stood beside me as I shut it. I entwined our fingers together and stuck my keys in my pocket. We walked to the front door, and Kate went to open it.

"Wait." I said grabbing her hand before she could open it. She sighed and set her free hand to her side. I knocked on the door loudly 3 times and made sure Kate and I had our fingers tightly together. All the sudden, the door opened. And there stood Jack, very shocked.

Kate's POV:

Jack stared at mine and Harry's hands, seeing they were holding each other, and I was smiling about it. I didnt care what he thought, I loved Harry, and he wouldnt be able to change that.

"Are you just, giving her back?" Jack asked quietly.

'Well actually..." I said but then stopped.

"Shes moving in with me." Harry said stepping up the front door step to walk inside. He nudged Jack out of the way so we could walk in. Jack slammed the door after we were in and turned around quickly.

"Just until the time limits up?" Jack asked worried.

"There's something I gotta tell you Jack." I said letting go of Harrys hand. Jack looked at Harry and gave him a dirty look.

'What?" He asked annoyed and looking at me.

"Me and Harry are..." I tried to say, but I didnt know how to tell my brother that I'm dating his enemy.

"Dating!" Harry said in a cheery way. Jacks eyes buldged. 

"WHAT?" He yelled grabbing my hand and pulling me back threw the hallway to my small bedroom.

"What?" He whispered.

"Jack, Harry's different. You need to respect that I love him." I said wripping my hand away from his.

"Love!?" He yelled slapping his hand across my cheek. I knew he would do that, but I didnt expect my reaction to be so loud. Harry came running in.

"Did he hit you!?" Harry yelled clenching his fists at his sides. 

"N-no." I stuttered to say, taking my hand away from my stinging cheek. His eyes widened as I did that. I guess the mark was big.