Chapter 26

I grabbed her hand and we stood up together. I turned my body to have it facing hers. We just stared up at eachother, unsure of what was gonna happen.

"Its the police. Open up the door or we'll do it for you!" A man police officer yelled and banged on the door 3 times.

"Come on." I whispered and pulled Kate over to the door with me. We had our fingers entwined together. I unlocked the door slowly, and turned the door knob with my free hand. Kate and I stepped back to reveal two police officers were standing right infront of the door. The looked at me, and then looked at Kate.

"Mr.Styles, do you mind if we come in?" The police officer with black hair asked. I nodded my head and watched as the two male police officers stepped into my flat. 

"First thing that we're here with is the kidnapping." The skinnier police officer said. My heart dropped. Kate let go of my hand and walked into the living room. The two officers followed, and then I was right behind them.

"He didn't kidnap me." Kate spoke softly standing in the middle of the living room. I walked passed the two officers and stood next to Kate. Kate and I faced the officers.

"First off, lets get names down. I'm officer Doug." The one with black hair said.

"And I'm Joe." The skinnier one said.

"I'm Harry, of course." I replied casually.

"And what's your name?" Doug asked looking at Kate.

"Kate.." She said crossing her arms.

"Alright, Harry. Can you please explain to me what happened that night with you and Ms.Kate?" Joe asked looking at me.

"Uhm, babe, can you remember?" I asked looking down at Kate trying to see if she had an idea of what to say.

"Oh yeah. It was something with me not wanting to leave the bar, but I was like half drunk so yeah.. That's all I remember." Kate said. Damn, she was a good liar.

"Now I remember, you were half drunk and it was late and we had to get home and you refused." I said glancing down at Kate and then looked at Doug and Joe.

"How come no one had seen you with Kate before that night?" Joe asked. That was one thing I didn't plan.

"We uhm, kept our relationship private." I tried to say, think with what more I could say. "Would you like to sit?"

"Uhh, yeah. Sure." Doug and Joe walked over to the couch and sat down. Kate and I remained standing, but stood right infront of them.

"How did you keep it private?" Doug asked.

"Erm we would meet up at eachothers homes and yeah, that's it.." I said nervouslly.

"Alright, well I'm not trying to say that Harry didn't kidnap you, Kate.. But you could be lying about this." Doug said looking at her. Her eyes widened.

"Would a liar do this?" She violently grabbed the side of my face in her hand and turned my face to hers. I leaned down lightly and we began to kiss. She then pulled away. "Or this?"

She used her tongue to open my mouth and our tongues wrestled together. 

"O-okay, maybe you're not lying." Doug said quietly, probably feeling awkward. Kate pulled away and looked at them.

"Thank you." She said giving them a sarcastic smile.

"Now what about the beating?" Joe continued on, staring over at me and Kate.

"I-I can explain that.." I said quietly. 

"Please do." Doug added in.

"Well, uhm.. That was Kate's ex-boyfriend.." I said looking at the ground. Kate's hand came and grabbed mine and held it tightly, giving me more support. "And he used to beat on her..."