Chapter 5

I felt myself quickly falling asleep, and before I knew it, I was.

Kate's POV:

How was this all happening? How all at once? I don't know how I'm lying with the same man Im terrified of. How could I have slept in the same bed as him? Why was this happening to me? Harry scares me so much, but I have to stay with him. Yes, I see he can be sweet, but he's scary. He could beat the shit out of anyone he wanted to, and I'm the next person he'll be seeing, and I don't want to be on that list. I know Harry said he would never hit a woman, but with all the anger that quickly builds up in him is what worries me. I'm not in love with him, and I can't see myself with him. I just need to stay with him for awhile until maybe one time I piss him off and he kicks me out.

I laid one the couch with my back to his stomach as his one arm was wrapped around my body.

"Harry." I whispered to check if he was asleep.

No response.

I felt his quick breathes come on my neck softly. I just looked at the t.v, but I wasn't watching it. I was just thinking. Thinking about all the hurtful memories. Everytime I would try to sleep, the vision of him hitting Jack would replay in my head. People judge me because Im so close to my older brother, but he's all I have left. My parents are dead, grandparents live 300 miles away, and I have no other siblings. If I loose Jack, I have no one.

I was still curious to how Jack borrowed all that money from Harry, but I never found out until 1 night ago.

I began to lightly cry and wipe the tears away with my sleeve. How could this have happened? Why of all people did this have to happen to me?

"Is everything okay?" Harry moaned. I'm guessing my sniffles and slight movement.

"Uhh, yeah." I said quietly trying to stop the tears.

"Why are you crying?" He asked taking his arm from my body.

"I-I'm not.." I replied hoping Harry wouldn't get up to look at me, but he did. He grabbed my arm and sat up lightly pulling me up next to him.

"And your not crying?" He asked observing my face.

"I'm fine.. Please don't start.." I begged turning my head away from his. He put to of his fingers on my cheek and pushed my head to look at him. Tears fell down my face.

"Please don't cry about this. I let Jack be fine." He said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"It's not just that anymore." I replied pulling away. He removed his arm from my shoulder.

"Than what is it?" He asked sliding his thumb across my face to wipe away the tears.

"You scare me Harry. You really do. I'm afraid to be with you. I'm afraid to be near you." I said quietly propping my elbows on my lower thighs and resting my head in my hands.

"I won't hurt you." He said kissing my head.

"If you loose your temper, you have no control over yourself Harry!" I yelled looking at him.

"With women, I do control myself. Please trust me." He said grabbing my hand. I looked down at our connected hands as they rested on my leg and then looked back up at him.

"I won't beat you. Please believe me." He begged staring into my eyes.

"Harry." I said resting my head on his shoulder. He stood up and let go of my hand.

"Come here." He said holding his arms out. I stood up and walked in front of him. He grabbed my lower back and pulled me into a tight hug. Usually I would have pulled away, but I hugged him tightly. My arms were wrapped around his lower back, as I just cried into his chest. At that moment, everything of my past came back to me. The bullying, parents, stress, and now I'm with a man that I'll always be scared of.

"Shhh." He said stroking his fingers through my hair.

"It's alright." He said quietly. I then slightly pulled away from him, but he still had his arms around me, and I had mine around him. We stared at each other. His eyes sparkled, hair flowed perfectly. It was just then I realized that I was with the good side of Harry, the beautiful one. He smiled down at me, and I just stared up at him. He moved his hands from my back to my waist. I let go of his back and put my hands on his shoulders.

"Let this happen." He whispered before slowly leaning down. I tilted my head to the right, and we kissed. Not any ordinary kiss that he had forced upon me, but a real kiss. It only lasted for a few seconds before he leaned up. He smiled down at me.

"Did we just..?" I asked looking up at him and taking my hands from his shoulders putting them at my side.

"Yes." He replied with a smile. His dimples showed, beautiful teeth showed, the best side of Harry was out finally. The side I thought he always had.

"We just.. And that wasn't.. What?" I asked looking down.

"It's alright, I liked it." He said kissing my head. I slowly moved my head up to look at him once again. His hands remained on my waist.

I stared into his eyes. They sparkled a beautiful green.

He then slowly leaned down and brushed his lips against mine. He leaned up and let go of me.

The guy I never thought I'd get along with, I just kissed.. And I liked it. Could this mean something?