Chapter 54

Kate's POV:

"Kate, c'mon! Please come out." Sophie begged and continued to bang on the door.

"What for? So you can just cheat on me too?" I sobbed lightly and placed my head back down onto the pillow.

"Kate. Open this door right now." Sophie sounded serious and she will kill me if she has to literally knock down the door. I wiped some of my tears and made my way over to the door, opening it to see Sophie standing there. She pulled me in for a tight hug.. Probably the millionth one this whole week. Oh yeah, I've been gone for a week now.. I haven't talked to Harry nor have I seen him. He's tried calling, but I ignore it everytime.

"You need to get out of my guest bedroom and do something." Sophie said in her best way. My body shook as she held onto me.

"I-I'm sorry.." I mumbled into her shoulder. She pulled away and looked at me.. Knowing she's thinking I look disgusting. I haven't showered in a week, all I've done is stayed back in this bedroom and cried, or weeped, or stared at the ceiling, or just slept..

"You're fine. Now do you want to tell me the full story of what happened between you and Harry?" She asked. I sighed and nodded, knowing I would tell her eventually. We sat down on the bed, and she gave a worried expression.

"Well it started out New Years Eve. The day was going so well.. He took me out to dinner before the bar and gave me the promise ring." I looked down at my fingers and expected it to be there, but it wasn't. "After we got to the bar, Harry saw some of his friends there and I told him to just go. That's when I found you." Tears welled my eyes as I sucked in a deep breath, closing my eyes. "Once you left, I walked back out and saw him.. Ki-k.." I couldn't even finish the sentence before placing my head and my hands and bawling my eyes out.

"Shh." Sophie silently tried to comfort me. After awhile, I wiped my tears and looked back up at her.

"He was kissing another girl." I mumbled slowly. Sophie placed her hand over her mouth in shock, which I'm unsure why because I told her he cheated.. Just not the full details.

"Oh gosh, Kate I'm so sorry. Was he drinking?" She questioned. My heart skipped a beat and I slowly nodded. "Uhh, Kate.." Her tone was uncertain. Either she's going to correct me or say something stupid. "So he was intoxicated?" She questioned, seeming for me to verify it.

"Yes.." I sighed. She shook her head, and she looked more pissed off. Hopefully at Harry.

"You can't help what you do when you're drunk.." She stated. I rolled my eyes.

"You can." I snapped. She shook her head once again.

"No," she continued. "No you can't. Could you help anything you did when you were drunk?" I looked at her, glaring at her.

"I don't do anything when I'm drunk.." I rubbed my hands against my eyes, trying to push the tears back.

"Oh you wanna bet? Harry told me about one time you were drunk and you were acting like a little kid." She cocked. I gasped, when was I ever like that? "No Kate, you couldn't help it."

"Who's side are you on?" She stood up and looked down at me, crossing her arms.

"Kate, I love you to death, but you just made the wrong decision." Her fingers slid down her skinny pale arm, and I felt like there was a clump in my throat.

"But he should've known better than to get drunk!" I shouted standing up. Sophie and I were right in front of each other, so close that one step closer, we'd bump into each other.

"It's a bar Kate! You play one game, a few drinks later and you're drunk! Do you think he would intentionally get drunk just to make out with some other girl? Did you see his face as you left him? He fell to the ground Kate.. Who knows how fucking bad he feels right now." She paused to take a breath, and this is the first time I'm listening to her, cause she never goes on like this. "And you were just to god damn stubborn to realize that you can't control what alcohol does to you. What did he sat to you when you were trying to leave?"