[ 006 ] red lips and rosy cheeks

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
006. red lips and rosy cheeks

          𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗗 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘, 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗥 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗗 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 of Hogwarts. Scarlet and Sirius still resented each other and threw snarky comments at one another at every chance they got. 

Everest grew a new hobby where she updated the boring Slytherin table with fresh gossip every morning. The friends had no idea where she obtained all the information, but they were intrigued nonetheless.

Everybody was curiously sipping their drinks as Everest spoke to them, "And then Black took Gwenog Jones for a date to the Black Lake, at least that's what she thought, but it turns out he just wanted to let her know he doesn't want to see her anymore,"

"That is cruel," Evan spoke, grimacing at the words.

"Can we talk about something else other than my brother's love life?" Regulus pleaded, a groan leaving his lips in disgust.

"Poor girl," Everest nodded as everybody stared at her in curiosity, she adored the attention. "Whatever, you all didn't hear it from me, all right? I was just told by Helen Millers who eavesdropped on Johanna Carter who heard it from Jones' Hufflepuff friend Aspen Benson."

"What did Black even say?" Scarlet wondered, and Everest had this look on her face that said she was waiting for someone to ask her.

"He said he doesn't want to have a girlfriend, especially an obsessed one," the entire table gasped, earning the attention of a few other students from other houses. 

"But Jones is a Ravenclaw, why would she go for him?" Scarlet shrugged.

"Someone stab me in the ears with this fork," Regulus said.

"I volunteer!" Dorcas spoke enthusiastically to Regulus with a playful grin, putting her hand up in the air.

Barty Crouch Junior—who was a year younger than Scarlet's friends—forcefully took Regulus' fork away and put it down, shaking his head at his dramatic behaviour.

When the professors entered the hall, the Slytherins huddling together around Everest moved away to their respective seats, and Scarlet was finally able to breathe.

"It doesn't bother you, right?" Everest asked, "Me talking about Black."

"Not really," she sipped her drink. "I rather enjoy everybody hating on him."