[ 110 ] I don't want to be alone

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
110. I don't want to be alone

august, 1980

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 due to Sirius' endless shuffling through some papers. Her eyelids peel open underneath the bright sunlight to see Sirius pacing about the room, reading the Daily Prophet. She sat up, pushing herself to a sitting position using her elbows, studying his movements.

Don't ask, don't ask, don't ask— "Are you still mad at me, Sirius?" She asked anyway, and cringed at the look of disbelief Sirius shot her when he turned around to face her.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Jesus, Scarlet, no, I'm not mad at you," he told her. "I'm just not in a pleasant mood all the time."

"Okay," she nodded quickly, dismissing the conversation as though it did not happen. "Sorry."

Sirius kept staring at her, and with a tiny sigh, he walked over to her and grabbed her face in between his palms. He brushed his lips against hers, "It's all about the war, okay? It has nothing to do with you. I'm a little tired, that is all."

She nodded again, an expressionless face staring back at Sirius. She pecked his lips again and tried to smile, the corners tugged up just a little. "I'll see you tonight."

"Good luck. Be safe, darling." He let his hands fall and stepped back. "I love you."

"I love you." She replied.

      ONCE AGAIN, SCARLET WAS SAT ALONG WITH A BUNCH OF other people at a death eaters meeting. This one consisted of hundreds of people.

"The team we have sent along is in position, are they not?" Voldemort asked. Everybody was standing, and everybody wore dark masks so nobody recognised the other. Scarlet scrutinised everybody, and recognised one of them to be Evan. Even through the mask, she could decipher his expression perfectly.

"Yes, My Lord." Scarlet responded.

"I have been informed that the Order has lined up to defend the street against us," Voldemort spoke in an eerily curious tone as he read the letter Yaxley had sent him. "Perfect."