[ 116 ] no one likes a mad woman

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
116. no one likes a mad woman

january, 1981

          "
𝗞𝗔𝗭, 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗛𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗨𝗖𝗞 𝗨𝗣 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬?" Everest sneered at Kaz who was flying around her head, making 'kaw' noises continuously as he led the path to her destination. There was no need for those unnecessary, loud sounds Kaz was making for the dramatics. He would belong perfectly in a circus.

       A purse in one hand, and an unopened bottle of whiskey in another. Kaz knocked on the door using his beak before settling himself on Everest's shoulder.

       The door swept open, a man in his forties stood with an ignorant look.

"Good morning, Mr Balcom," she sweetly greeted, a charming smile on her face with the crow on her shoulder, "I am here behalf of the Ministry," his face paled considerably, "do not concern yourself, you're not in trouble but I have received a warning that an attack could take place here. On your house, presumably arson given how recent times have been."

"Wha–what the hell are you on, lady? Why us?" He stuttered, brows pinching together in confusion.

"Perhaps you should evacuate to safety before this attacker ambushes your manor," she raised a brow.

"Do you know who the attacker is?"

"Yes," she nodded.

"Who?" He urged, the volume of his voice rising.

A pause, a tilt of her head and a smirk, "Me." Wand in her hand, "Incendio."

      His face burned, he stumbled back and thrashed around to dim the fire that caught his skin. Hallowed complexions started to boil, skin burned and rippled until heavy trails of scarlet ran down his face.

      Rageful tears fell down his face as the fire went away, screams after screams until his brother— much younger and less arrogant-looking came forward with panicked gazes.

      The younger Balcom sprinted towards her, and Everest purposefully stood and let him take the first hit.

      He punched her in the face, and a split across her bottom lip where blood dripped. Slowly, she wiped away the scarlet liquid using the back of her hand. When she met his eyes again, the glare caught them both off guard, their regards filling with slow, treacherous horror. At their face falling, she released the unhinged laugh she'd been suppressing the second they thought they could fight her down.