[ 132 ] now there is no air

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
132. now there is no air

( songs for the chapter:
one last time — ariana grande )

( songs for the chapter:one last time — ariana grande )

(cara's note:
again, confusing chapter. ask questions
loads of time skips too!)

LAKESIDE
31st october, 1981

      𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗕𝗬 𝗔 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗙𝗨𝗟 𝗟𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗜𝗡 𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗗, 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗨𝗥'𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚. She did not know why, she could not breathe as she left Hogwarts and Apparated (with much struggle) to Scarlet and Sirius' house to find her best friend. Her chest was tight, and her guts were in knots. Scarlet Bridget knew how to take care of herself. Yet, as though a twin flame was bruising her soul, she felt a crack in her heart. 

      She could feel it, something being snatched. Something ruined.

      Her head hurt. Eyes fell upon the burnt house, the location she had kept secret. A secret she buried in her heart with a gold cage. Aurors surrounded the area, many of them. There were people everywhere.

      People were staring at her like they always did upon the height of the war, all those Daily Prophet papers with photos of her holding a bow and arrow, and mentions of her name every time she would successfully hunt down those werewolves and other creatures that supports the dark side. 

      They shot her glances, scrutinising her figure in an awestruck manner, up-and-down lingering gazes. She was practically bleeding with infuriating fire, shoulders swarmed and chin held high despite that look of distress littering her face. 

      Her dark brown hair were wet due to the heavy rain, pearls decorating and glinting on her head. The pitch-black bridesmaid dress of hers melting into the background of ink-coloured sky.

      To say the least, she looked gorgeous. 

      Some of them muttered amongst themselves at the sight of her, at the echoing whisper of her heels that followed Everest everywhere, "That's the Chasseur girl." This seemed reasonable enough, Everest rarely made appearance amongst the Wizarding World after she moved to a Muggle part of England.