[ 027 ] rumours flow like a river

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
027. rumours flow like a river

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗕𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗙𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗟. Absolutely feral. Dashing through the dungeons, she kept an eye around for Everest, trying to find her among the crowd of Slytherins who shot her knowing, calculated gazes.

Muttering the passcode under her breath, she busts through the doors to the common room. "Have you heard?" Regulus asked her, sitting up from his seat.

She nodded lightly, not answering audibly before she went to her dorm room. 

"I'm actually going to kill somebody," she said through gritted teeth.

"Okay, code red, I see," Everest shot down her book on the bed, sitting up. "First thing, calm down,"

"I CAN'T CALM DOWN!" She shrieked with concern, "I bloody hate rumours, you know it,"

"I heard," Everest nodded, sighing at the assumptions going around the school. That was when someone knocked at the door. "COME IN!"

"Hey," Dorcas peaked through the door, "I'm coming in,"

"Hey, Cas," Everest smiled, gesturing for her to sit down. 

"We don't have time for small talks, Eve, make this thing go away,"

"I'm not a lawyer, S," Everest retorted, "Give me a moment to think, and tell me what really happened,"

"I'm confused, what's going on," Dorcas slowly asked, glancing between the two of them.

"You'd know if you weren't married to the library," Scarlet rose a brow, sarcastically speaking.

"Rumour has it, Sirius Black hexed Silas Abrams into leaving school simply because he asked Scarlet out," Everest shrugged, nonchalantly speaking. "Some dumbass started it, I don't know exactly who."

"HENCE CODE RED ALERT!" Scarlet exclaimed, mimicking Everest's previous words. "I want to know who started this, and I want them hexed into leaving school,"

"But it's not true," Dorcas understood, "Make up something more interesting and let Everest spread it around, she's a mastermind when it comes to these things,"

"Whatever you do, do it fast, rumours flow like a river and I want this thing gone," Scarlet panicked, pacing around the room and gesturing wildly with her arms as she spoke.