[ 013 ] the girl with no choice

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
013. the girl with no choice

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗬 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗗𝗔𝗬. And being stuck at home was infuriating. Most of the time, she spent her time speaking to Regulus, sometimes accompanied by Sirius who grew an even bigger attitude over the past few days.

Currently, Scarlet was sitting with Regulus in the Black Manor's living room, the two of them discussing a book.

"Where's Sirius?" She asked suddenly, remembering she hadn't seen him for quite some time.

"He's pissed off," Regulus smirked lightly at him, causing the girl to glare at him knowingly. "Mother refused to let him go out because he keeps conversing with inappropriate people."

Scarlet knew that, but she could not exactly tell him that they have snuck out to meet by a lakeside without permission and spent hours there. Regulus couldn't keep a secret to save his life.

"That is unjust," Scarlet muttered. "Resenting him due to simply the company he keeps."

Regulus looks back into her concerned eyes. "I'm sure this is how it works, with both of our families." Scarlet could not argue, she knew the truth.

"He has limited options, he cannot exactly hang out with us, he is in a whole different house," she shared.

"Are you two that obsessed with me?" The annoyed voice of Sirius came as he came down the stairs, slouching over the brown-leather sofa a few meters away from the two Slytherins. "The only way I will gain her approval is if I marry one of your lots."

There was a particular grimace in his tone, the overbearing bitterness he grew for Slytherins, the kind his parents' only wished Sirius was. Regulus leaned forward in his seat, as though a lightbulb lit on his head as he spoke. "Maybe you should."

Sirius and Scarlet simultaneously locked eyes with the younger Black.

"Pretend to be in love or something whilst you are here," He shrugged. "Remember when mother yelled at you because you picked a fight with her and she was the only reasonable friend you had,"

Scarlet snickered.

"If you two pretend to be together, she'll find it adorable, I'm sure all her worries would be gone, she'd leave you alone," Regulus said, eyes glinting underneath the bright light of the chandelier. He was quite confident with his idea.