[ 080 ] the love I feel for you

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
080. the love I feel for you

( song for the chapter:
middle of the night — elley duhe )

( song for the chapter:middle of the night — elley duhe )

          𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗬, 𝗡𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗙 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗜𝗦 𝗕𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗕𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗘𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧. Night approached, and the sky darkened to an ashy-gray pigment, hinting at upcoming rain. The green leather book was clutched in her hands, and her heels paved their way through the muddy, filled with fallen leaves ground with much struggle. 

      In hindsight, she should have listened to Severus Snape and gotten rid of the book — in her hands, as she gripped it tightly, dark magic radiated from it. Coursing through each and every one of her veins. 

      Scarlet liked to bury all the teachings from her father into a neat box in the back of her mind, beyond her reach. Beyond her acknowledgment. Yet, when she paced by the borders of the forest, reading an ancient book with electrifying ancient magic, the memories of her father faded back in. Little by little. 

      'Our blood will always prevail in the end,' her father told her after calling her to his study, cold tone and yet an ambitious crease between his brows. 'House of Bridget will always be kept standing  throughout storms and wars and destruction, our blood will overpower everything'.

      Zircon Bridget held pride in his name. He was not a family man, none of the Bridgets were. It was the magic coursing through their veins, the purest blood which intensified his dignity. If stabbing family in the back meant the influence Bridgets' blood holds would be kept intact, Zircon would not waste a second before wielding a dagger. 

      It was different than what Voldemort told her. He had little care for Bridget's blood, he cared more about the power her presence alone brought. She was a force to be reckoned with, she would overpower everything. Not her blood.

      When she traces the spine of the book, she can feel the ancient, dark flames that are yet alive, magic as forbidden as all evil. She tugged at the bookmark and peeled the book open to reveal seemingly old pages. Scarlet did not give much thought to reading and being careful.