[ 083 ] the order of the phoenix

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
083. the order of the phoenix

          𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦, Professor McGonagall was not there. Instead, Dumbledore stood in the office as he stared out of the window silently. 

"Good. You two are finally here,"

"Potter insisted on taking the longer route," Scarlet blurted out, and James shot her an unamused look. 

"I was hoping I could speak to you about something very important," Dumbledore sat down and gestured for the confused teens to take seats. 

When James and Scarlet sat next to each other, Dumbledore started to speak slowly and softly, very careful with every word.

"Whilst Miss Bridget already knows, I want to inform you all the details of my secret organisation," He said, and James glanced at the blonde in utter confusion whilst she wore a rigid expression. "The Order of the Phoenix."

"The Order of — what, now?" James questioned, slightly frowning. 

"The Order of the Phoenix," Dumbledore repeated. "It is a secret organisation I have created against Lord Voldemort. It consists of witches and wizards loyal and determined to bring an end to all atrocity. Loyal and determined such as yourselves."

Scarlet's back straightened as she took a deep inhale, and James was incredibly quiet. 

Dumbledore turned to James, "Your parents are part of it," said the man before turning to Scarlet. "Most of the Aurors part of this society are recommended by your mother."

James and Scarlet glanced at each other again, each buried in their own perplexing thoughts. Celeste never spoke about it and neither did James' parents. 

"I am well aware you are very young but that makes you least exposed to manipulation and treacherous acts from the outside world. We need all the help we can get and there are no better influencers I could have asked other than you two," Dumbledore said with a smile, "Talk to your friends, the ones you trust with your life."

"Absolutely," Potter agreed almost instantly, a fierce Fryffindor-like look in his irises whilst Scarlet remained still and quiet, trying to reach a calculated decision in her mind and thinking of all the advantages and disadvantages of getting her friends involved.