[ 046 ] chaos by the whomping willow

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
046. chaos by the whomping willow

          𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗨𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡, and some students only groaned when the four of them entered the Great Hall together, knowing the pranks would be back again. It had almost been another week since they were back together, and every day had been more and more colourful, quite literally.

      They were changing people's hair colour almost every single day, dropping bombs filled with colours which made Hogwarts look more like a circus than it already was.

      Scarlet was following Everest and Marlene as the pair chattered and the Slytherin-blonde rolled her eyes with annoyance, suddenly feeling left behind. She was not going to interrupt them and test Everest's patience though.

"Then Narcissa decided to yell at the boy so loudly, he started crying!" Everest told Marlene enthusiastically about when their Head Girl screamed at a third-year Hufflepuff boy for stealing muffins from the kitchen.

Their giggling was broken when they heard laughing and cheering in the direction of the Whomping Willow. The three girls shared a look and jogged over to check out the scene.

Sirius laughed so hard at something James said, he almost lost composure and placed his palms on his knees. Under the tree was Severus Snape with leaves and twigs stuck in his robes and hair, unable to move as though put down by invisible robes.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Everest scoffed, turning to the three Marauders standing side by side as they pulled this ill act. She spared Remus a glance who sat a little far away with a book in his hands, watching the scene unfolding.

However, at the sight of Severus' cheeks turning pale pink as he stumbled over his words, "You—wait! Just—wait!" Without thinking and fearing the worst, he took his wand and almost shot, "Sectum—!"

Knowing the outcome of the spell, Scarlet worked quickly and disarmed him with, "Expelliarmus!" His wand flew out of his hand, landing on the grass. Lips parted, heart picking up its pace, she shot him a look of disbelief.

The Marauders were confused, in fact, they were prepared to take on any spell Severus casts upon them—not knowing what it does exactly. And seeing Scarlet 'defending' them, their ego only went higher.