[ 076 ] constant state of uncertainty

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
076. constant state of uncertainty 

          "𝗬𝗢𝗨'𝗥𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗜𝗡 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗧," Evan Rosier squinted his eyes eerily at Scarlet Bridget who sat in the compartment full of Slytherins. A few weeks ago, he spent hours complaining about how Scarlet spends more and more time with the Marauders and is currently expressing his surprise at the girl sneaking out of the Prefect compartment to sit with her original group of friends. "We're glad, we feared you were fetched by those losers—"

His amused tone annoyed her, and she snapped back instantly. "Yes, I'm back here, no need to be a dick about it."

      Barty's eyes widened as much as they could, and Severus Snape squinted his gaze from his book onto the blonde. He wondered if the ink on her wrist affected her personality too, darkening her heart alongside.

"Someone fetch her a cup of green tea," Evan let out a dry chuckle, and Scarlet realised there really was no reason to be so bitter. However, for a moment, she saw a flicker of satisfiction running through the boys' faces. They seemed to be more than glad to see her act sour.

"I'm being for real, Scar, we're glad to have you back." Barty raised a brow, nodding assuringly. "And where's Everest?"

"You didn't leave her with those dickheads, did you?"

"I'm not a babysitter, Rosier, if she wants to come, she will," Scarlet spoke in a monotone and made sure these gits did not go and look for her. Not when there is a chance that they would find her sucking face with Marlene McKinnon.

"No need to be a dick about it," Evan mocked one of her previous statements, rolling his eyes.

"Where's Dorcas?" Asked Scarlet, eyes gazed over the boys.

"Who knows," Barty shrugged, and then got into a loud conversation with Evan. Scarlet noticed a quiet Regulus next to her absentmindedly looking out of the window, watching the trees fading away as though it was the most interesting thing he's ever seen.

"Is it true?" Evan chimes in, eyes trailed on Regulus. "That your brother got disowned?"

      That caught everybody's attention, and Regulus' breath hitched in his throat. He nodded sharply, maintaining his poker face although Scarlet almost let her mask slip, catching Barty's eye.