[ 036 ] a winter to remember

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
036. a winter to remember

( song for the chapter:
I wanna be yours ━ arctic monkeys )

( song for the chapter: I wanna be yours ━ arctic monkeys )

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧, 𝗝𝗔𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦 𝗦𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘, occasionally laughing and talking to their parents who worked in the kitchen. Remus and Peter were putting some decorations of their own on the Christmas tree. 

      Celeste found herself invested in the wine cabinet whilst Fleamont and Mia were cooking something that smelled absolutely delicious. Then, there was the house elf Nico who could not stop asking about the Bridget's house elf, wanting a friend for himself.

      Whilst the elders were conversing and catching up, James and Sirius involved themselves in a kicking contest, hitting each other under the table.

Mia was starting to lose her patience, she turned to the two with what could be called the most intimidating, motherly look on her face. "Dinner won't be ready for another ten minutes. James, Sirius... why don't one of you show Scarlet around the house?"

Even Mia agreed James and Sirius would benefit with a few minutes apart.

"I'll do it," Sirius nodded rather quickly and eagerly. James, Celeste and Mia shared an awkward look of confusion. Whilst Celeste believed there was something going on between Sirius and Scarlet, and James knew how much further from the truth that was, Mia was in a whole another world when it came to teenage drama.

"Don't have too much fun," James added with a knowing wink, which scored a rude gesture from his best friend.

Sirius disappeared down the narrow hallway with Scarlet trudging along in tow. There were two guest rooms that were rather bland, and the biggest and prettiest room was Mr and Mrs Potter's. It was grand with expensive decorations and polished furniture.

      James' room was disgusting.

      Various posters littered the wall which was painted a light, sunset-orange colour. A lot of the posters were of Queen, and someone called ABBA—Scarlet had no idea who any of these people were. Then there was a singer who was definitely a wizard—Scarlet guessed from the dress-up.