[ 048 ] lingered like a phantom

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
048. lingered like a phantom

          𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗬, 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗗𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 𝗚𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟 as usual. Except that day, nothing was usual at all. In fact, the world has flipped upside down and the sun has risen from the west. Scarlet was sure of it. 

      Everest and Scarlet made their way to their house together, beginning to take a seat. Unintentionally and with an undying surge of butterflies at the pit of her stomach, Scarlet's eyes searched over the expanse of the area until her eyes laid on Sirius at the Gryffindor table. He shot her a smile—not a smirk, a genuine smile and proceeded to wink

      Scarlet's lips curled up as she looked away—flushed, subconsciously touching her red lips. She made sure to wear matt lipstick that morning. Just in case.

As she stayed much unaware of Everest's eyes shooting back and forth between Sirius and Scarlet, the brunette let out a loud gasp. "You sneaky, slimy, little—"

"For the love of Salazar—" Scarlet shot up from her seat, slapping a hand over her best friend's mouth as she started to mumble.

"You and Bla—"

"Shut up, Eve!" She yelled as Everest flapped her arms, knocking over a cup of tea which caught the blonde off guard. She lost balance and fell backward, bringing Everest down with her.

"I knew it! Finally!" The brunette cackled evilly, not realising the entire hall was looking at the two usually calm pairs with odd looks. "Oh, you're so in l—"

"I'll gouge out your eyeballs, Eve!" Scarlet pressed her palm against the girl's laughing mouth even harsher.

"Severus, get this thing off of me!" Everest squirmed, trying to get out of the attack. "She's crazy!"

Severus quickly stood up after finding it amusing and enjoying the sudden, peculiar outburst for a while, running down to pull Scarlet off of her. "You better keep your lips shut!"

"You better keep yours—" Everest was cut off by Professor McGonagall's worried voice nearing them from the other side of the hall.

"What is with the laughter, is it Potter and Black again—" The woman cut herself off with an inhuman gasp, shock plastered to her face. "Miss Bridget, Miss Chasseur!"