[ 088 ] a girl in the midst of a fire

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
088. a girl in the midst of a fire

( song for the chapter:
running up that hill — kate bush
(stranger things, remix) )

( song for the chapter:running up that hill — kate bush(stranger things, remix) )

          𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗨𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗘𝗟𝗧 after Apparation. Regulus Black followed her all the way through the process by holding onto her arm; the two landed simultaneously a bit far away from the Bridget Manor, and so, she started to run. As fast as she could.

She could see from afar through her blurry vision — there were a lot of 'pop' sounds to indicate many Apparitions by other witches and wizards from the wedding. Orion Black was standing nearby, very close to the Bridget House. Many of the families from the wedding Apparated to the area, appearing quickly, including Lucius and Narcissa.

      Scarlet had never run so fast in her life.

      Run, run.

Her throat dried, and her body ached. She did not believe it, she wouldn't believe it until she saw it with her own eyes. Whilst running, she almost tripped over the silk fabric of her black gown, and she ignored the struggle as though it was nothing but dust in her way.

"Scarlet, slow down!" Regulus called, his hand holding the high-heels Scarlet threw off to run better towards the scene.

An audible gasp left both of their throats when they had finally arrived at their designated place. All she could smell was smoke. All she could see were sparks and flames and clouds of gas wafting around her in the summer air. Shards of glass broke beneath her feet—more likely from explosions. It was everywhere, the glass was everywhere—the windows completely shattered, leaving silvers on the floor and fragments all about.

Individuals loitered around the expensive area, and they were all wizards and witches. The place erupted in bright, flashing light, so blazing that it blinded the night sky. Aurors held their wands up in the air, trying to dim the fire of the popular house.

A house that Scarlet called home. Eternal flames rose, sizzling with red-orange strips to burn down every corner of the manor.

A gut-wrenching scream left Scarlet's throat, one that was so loud that everybody else present in the scene winched. "NO! NO!" She screamed, her throat burning more and more. The air she inhaled felt toxic. Inhale more. Exhale more. Everybody looked at her, alerted. Concerned.