[ 015 ] catastrophic incidents

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
015. catastrophic incidents

          "𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗡𝗢𝗚 𝗬𝗢𝗨." Sirius strutted down the hallway, throwing an arm over Scarlet's shoulder despite her opinions against it.

"Hm, I don't think I have to act," she rolled her eyes playfully, sarcasm lacing her voice.

"I haven't seen you in so long," Sirius wondered. Near the end of summer, Scarlet and her mother had gone to visit Greek for a week, and even the burning Greek sun hadn't helped her tan a little. "Almost missed you."

"I thought you would have forgotten about me by now, Black," she spoke with a lingering smirk on her crimson lips.

Sirius arched a brow, leaning down to her level to take a look at her face. "Be utterly serious right now, Blondie, I was born knowing you." He discarded her assumption.

The girl shot him a look of shock, lips parting at the statement he surely shot as a joke. But everything that cascaded out of Sirius Black's mouth seemed like poetry.

Shut up, Scarlet.

"That must be it, we must have known each other in our past life, why else would we be friends?"

"As I remember it, we're not friends, just acquaintances with convenience," it was his turn to grin as he mocked her words. "Your words, not mine."

Scarlet slapped his chest, pushing him away. "Stay in your lane." She said in a stern voice, the unbearable smirk on her face contradicting her tone.

"Alright, alright, we got to make an impression," he held her wrist as they entered the Great Hall, spotting her friends from a few meters away. 

When they approached the Gryffindor table, right opposite the Slytherin one, Sirius leaned down to press a seductive kiss to Scarlet's cheek, one that practically burned into her flesh.

At the sight, everybody's jaw dropped—at least the people that were situated, it was quite early. She could hear Lily leave out a small gasp, and Remus pretending to faint dramatically in the back. James and Peter's jaws hung open.

Scarlet—finding this devious act quite satisfying—raised her chin to fix Sirius' tie, her fingers grazing his neck for a second. The feeling caused his breath to hitch.

"Potter is about to catch flies over there," she whispered, protesting a laugh.

"I think Chassuer just fainted." Sirius looked from her eyes and averted her gaze behind her. "If you tell her, make sure she keeps it—"