[ 054 ] you all think I'm insane

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
054. you all think I'm insane

          𝗥𝗘𝗗. 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗 𝗦𝗘𝗘. 𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗦𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘. On her white shirt, stained on her palms. A hand was on her shoulder, pulling her back from the bushes and towards the street-lights.

James Potter was standing right in front of her, hands on her shoulders as he looked her in the eye, blinking rapidly. "Bridget, listen to me, can you tell me what the hell happened?"

      She remained frozen, eyes rarely blinking as she stared at a Ravenclaw girl's deceased body. A dead body—one of her classmates slaughtered was not something she could ever mentally prepare to witness. Out of batshit nowhere.

From the corner of her eyes, she could see Barty Crouch Jr, mumbling something to James, "What are you doing here?" His voice sounded faded.

James was holding a small bag of something, and he shrugged. "We were gonna do a prank, then I found you two psychopaths here standing over a fuckin' dead body!"

      Eventually, she snapped out of her trance and locked eyes with James, her pupils constricting. More footsteps were heard, and figures started to appear. 

      She looked back at the dead body of the teenage girl and saw a bloodstained Barty Crouch make his way closer to the group. Peter was kneeling near the girl, checking her pulse.

      James' chest rose and fell rapidly, and anxiously, he ran a shaky hand through his scoop of hair. 

      A single tear left her eyes as she watched horror arise on all of the figures' faces, her lifeless eyes.

"I—I didn't do this," Scarlet was quick to clarify, scared that maybe they thought this was her doing. "I swear—I just found her like that—"

"All right, we need to call a professor—" Remus started.

"And tell them what?" Peter snapped, something he had never done before. His heart was racing at a thousand miles per minute, he was afraid he would lose consciousness right there.

"I don't know!" Remus nervously snapped back, "I—I just... we can't handle this!"

"We can bury the body," Barty shrugged, standing up and looking between the group. "I think her name is Stanley... Nancy Stanley, we've History of Magic together."