[ 106 ] dusk to dawn on frontlines

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
106. dusk to dawn on frontlines 

( song for the chapter:
which witch — florence & the machine )

( song for the chapter:which witch — florence & the machine )

MAY, 1980

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗠𝗢𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚. She lit up a cigarette as she waited for Voldemort and the other Death Eaters' arrival. It is a miracle that Voldemort did not figure out a traitor lies amongst them after so much of the information had leaked. He must have really low expectations from these people if he believes they failed so many times due to sheer bad luck.

      She was thinking about Evan. A part of her thought this would get better, that she would muster the strength to just forget about it all because she had better family, better friends. But those friends disliked her before, that was the hard truth. Those friends were not there during her sleepless nights — granted, she did not seek assistance from them, but it was Evan who held her hand, muttering assuring words to her. Always defended her, always liked her, no matter what or who she was.

      Scarlet Bridget could never get over Evan Rosier's betrayal.

      When Riddle entered, she continued to smoke. A billow of smoke leaving her crimson lips and hanging in the air in a foggy manner. The Dark Lord regarded her with a chill distaste, not fond of cigarette smells despite being brought up in Muggle areas. To this day, she never really knew how to greet him. Surely, and this is a known-fact to Riddle and everybody else, Scarlet Bridget does not kneel, so what else was she supposed to do? Say good evening?

"Do you never wonder..." it seems like Riddle is keen on cutting through the silence, "of my past. Of all connections I share with your family?"

"It is none of my business," Scarlet may have been the only person alive in England to truly not poke her nose in others. Well, she did sneak about Tom Riddle's history but that does not count. "Does Rodolphus not try to figure out the answer?" She asked, "He manages to keep an eye out for everything. Always on the sharpest edge."

"He does not do anything I don't ask him to." It must fill him up with pride knowing he has such honourable, no-doubt powerful men in the palms of his hands.

"He is your right-hand man after all." The girl said, exhaling another huff of smoke.

"And yet you sit on my right." Mused the dark lord.