[ 037 ] blood runs thicker than water

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
037. blood runs thicker than water

( songs for the chapter:
what was I made for — billie eilish
dear reader — taylor swift )

( songs for the chapter:what was I made for — billie eilishdear reader — taylor swift )

           𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗘𝗫𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗡𝗧. If there was anything Mrs Potter could do like a master, it was cooking—of course, amongst her other specialties. 

The gang of Marauders cramped themselves in James' room, wanting to party all night most likely (which Mia did not approve of) whilst Scarlet and her mother got the biggest guest room with the largest bed. 

      It was no surprise Scarlet did not like change, not even when it was a different ceiling she was starting at—trying to drive herself to sleep. Then came the horrid figures and nightmares drilled into her brain. Shadows. Void. She couldn't stand it.

      With a huff, she got out of her bed and made her way to the Potters' kitchen. For a moment, she eyed the cabinet Celeste was going through earlier—the one filled with butterbeer and fire whiskey. Then she dropped the urge and approached the coffee machine and allowed it to do its magic.

      Having parents so loving must be a blessing in disguise. Scarlet envied it—the freedom James Potter endured. There must not have been one single drop of tragedy in his blood, after all, he was born to parents so loving. Sure, Celeste tried, but that did not mean Scarlet wished the burden on her shoulders were eased.

Perhaps these two days would make her mother realise what really is important. Appreciate love over titles. 

"Can't sleep?" A smooth voice sounded, and she turned around with a light smile at the familiar tone, watching Sirius approach her with small steps. She shook her head in response, making him shrug. "Me neither,"

Scarlet decided to pour half of the black coffee for Sirius, passing the cup towards him. She watched as he moved to the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk. And poured the milk into the coffee until it turned cream-white. She grimaced and then grimaced even more when he put three table spoons of sugar in it.

She didn't put anything further into her coffee.

"Why are you awake?" Asked Scarlet, "Your boyfriends are all asleep, or what?"